Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Panzer Grenadier Africa Orientale Italiana
12-24-2018, 02:09 PM,
RE: Panzer Grenadier Africa Orientale Italiano
Check out the British B25 counter on the Desert Rats countersheet. It's on the back side of the Hurricane II counter. The wing tips sport the most unusual markings.I have ever seen on a Royal Air Force counter.

Peace. Michael
12-25-2018, 01:15 AM,
(12-24-2018, 02:09 PM)Michael Murphy Wrote: Check out the British B25 counter on the Desert Rats countersheet. It's on the back side of the Hurricane II counter. The wing tips sport the most unusual markings.I have ever seen on a Royal Air Force counter.

That image appears twice in Desert Rats once on the back of countersheet 1, and again on the back of countersheet 4. For that matter, those of you with Armata Romana should look closely at the JSR79 counter.

I asked Dr. Mike if I could just get the scenario book, as I have the boards and counters already. He said I had to get the whole game. So there is another hole in my collection. I wonder if this new practice has something to do with the rash of missing books in distributor games he was complaining about. Undecided
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
12-25-2018, 07:35 AM,
I also refrained from purchasing the package for the same reason and I would have been prepared to pay up to 35 dollars for the scenario book. Real pity and pheraps a loss-loss outcome.
I wish Mike B. had made the same choice as for infantry attacks. In facts I chosed to pay for the new rule set and slightly modified scenarios.
12-25-2018, 11:15 AM,
After looking through the scenarios, since most of the counters came from Desert Rats and Afrika Korps, most of the armor that comes with this game will never get used.

Only this armor is used:

* South African: MHII, MKII, MH2

* Italian: L3/35, Lancia, Fiat 611, M11/39, L3/33. There are no L3/33s only L3/35s which are pretty close)

* British: A9, Mark VI, Rolls-Royce, Bren, Matilda. (I am pretty sure the Mark VI should be the MkVIb)

* Indian: ACW
12-25-2018, 12:10 PM,
Quote:* South African: MHII, MKII, MH2
Jay, I think you meant to say MH II, MH III & Mk II. It doesn't matter much. In PG the MH II and MH III is a distiction without a difference.
The Mk II is the older version of the Mk VI/VIb.

' Wrote:* Italian: L3/35, Lancia, Fiat 611, M11/39, L3/33. There are no L3/33s only L3/35s which are pretty close)
[Image: 1446-0.png?621610] versus [Image: 101-1.png?726216]
The real difference is in 6.5mm machine-guns in the 33 model versus 8mm machine-guns in the 35 model.

' Wrote:* British: A9, Mark VI, Rolls-Royce, Bren, Matilda. (I am pretty sure the Mark VI should be the MkVIb)
Probably. The Mk VI saw very limited deployment. Afrika Korps got the VIb designation correct. Odd when you realize that Desert Rats is 2 years younger.
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
12-25-2018, 01:08 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-25-2018, 01:10 PM by JayTownsend.)
It is just funny, when you have a new game that asked for certain counters that don't exist in the game components.

Sure, I can SUB the L3/35s for the L3/33s but didn't Mike think about this? 
12-26-2018, 01:28 AM,
Another weird thing. The Luftwaffe B25 and Mk VI are from Desert Rats. Afrika Korps has the Rolls Royce and A9, but also has the Mk VIb and a more appropriate set of aircraft. So I wonder why the DR counters were used at all.
12-26-2018, 03:37 AM,
The scenarios look interesting but I don't like the direction AP has taken with reusing game parts to make new games. I might end up selling this if I let it irritate me too much. Sure Kokoda Campaign did the same thing but I needed a box for the maps and materials, so I sold Kokoda Trails materials and replaced it with Kokoda Campaign game. The Only parts I can't use from Kokoda Campaign are the Marine counters and I wish they wouldn't have taken out the one scenario with the US Army in it.
01-14-2019, 12:39 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-18-2019, 07:44 AM by Shad.)
(12-26-2018, 03:37 AM)JayTownsend Wrote: The scenarios look interesting but I don't like the direction AP has taken with reusing game parts to make new games. I might end up selling this if I let it irritate me too much. Sure Kokoda Campaign did the same thing but I needed a box for the maps and materials, so I sold Kokoda Trails materials and replaced it with Kokoda Campaign game. The Only parts I can't use from Kokoda Campaign are the Marine counters and I wish they wouldn't have taken out the one scenario with the US Army in it.

I know what you mean Jay.  Re-using the counters from  Eastern front for Fire in the Steppes, the Fire in the Steppes maps in Fall of Empires, the CoE maps and 14 year old Africa counters for AOE, using one map from Cone of Fire for Tropic of Capricorn, and the Sword of Israel maps for Lawrence of Arabia really bothers me.
01-15-2019, 01:31 AM,
RE: Panzer Grenadier Africa Orientale Italiana
I hope you are feeling better Larry? Good to see you back posting again.