• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Panzer Grenadier Africa Orientale Italiana
03-16-2018, 01:35 AM,
RE: Panzer Grenadier Africa Orientale Italiano
Is that one of your designs, Otto?
03-16-2018, 01:46 AM,
No, it's Mike's I guess.
I was thinking a few additional scenarios could be designed featuring, for instance, the Alpini battaglione Uork Amba at keren from the Conquest of Ethiopia counters set.
03-16-2018, 02:07 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-16-2018, 02:15 AM by plloyd1010.)
(03-16-2018, 01:46 AM)otto Wrote: No, it's Mike's I guess.
I was thinking a few additional scenarios could be designed featuring, for instance, the Alpini battaglione Uork Amba at keren from the Conquest of Ethiopia counters set.

I spoke with a couple people about it a year ago. It was shortly after I made the CoE Vassal module. It was a Vassal extension which would have had a structure remarkably similar in description to what is offered now, even the same name. (My extension file is Africa Orientale Italiana.vmdx). Ottavio, I thought you were one of people I talked to about it. I probably described it to Mike too. Anyway, it fell off when I got involved in a much larger Vassal project.
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
03-16-2018, 02:40 AM,
With your mad counter design skillz, I would not be shocked if your much larger Vassal project ends up to be a Vassal module in which all formations have their own specifically designed counters.

That would be cool!
03-16-2018, 03:39 AM,
(03-16-2018, 02:40 AM)Hugmenot Wrote: With your mad counter design skillz, I would not be shocked if your much larger Vassal project ends up to be a Vassal module in which all formations have their own specifically designed counters.

That would be cool!

Perhaps, but as yet. ;-)
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
03-16-2018, 10:03 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-16-2018, 10:06 AM by Dan Storm.)
Probably get in trouble for this but here goes.
This is like a kickstarter stretch goal kind of thang...
If "X" amount of "Y" and "Z" Get Pre-ordered - APL will make Games A and B.
Games A and B are NOT Guaranteed to be even made.
But Games Y and Z are going to Print no matter what...

From The Gold Club E-mail:

The Deal: Here’s how it works:
• The thresholds are based on orders for two Panzer Grenadier items: Africa Orientale Italiano and Conquest of Ethiopia. Order BOTH to qualify.
• If we can get 200 Early orders for each of the two games by 2 April, everyone who ordered will get, for free, the new expansion book Afrika 1944 (see below).
Prior orders for Conquest (direct from us, not somewhere else) count toward this.
• If we can get 400 Early Orders for each of the two games by 2 April, everyone who ordered will get, for free, the new expansion book Afrika 1944 (see below) AND the new Playbook Alaska 1943 (also see below).
Prior orders for Conquest (direct from us) count toward this.
• If we get less than 200 orders, we’re not making Afrika 1944 or Alaska 1943.
• The target numbers are those for a good Panzer Grenadier launch (Conquest sold fewer than others in the series – that’s why we’re doing this promo).
If everyone who ordered the Land Battleships Golden Journal orders AOI then we’ll make the first threshold pretty easily.
• This promo has no effect on publication of Africa Orientale – that game is under way and gets published regardless.
• There’s no free shipping this time: we’re already on the hook to ship the free stuff if the games make their numbers.
We’ll ship Afrika 1944 and Alaska 1943 separately, when ready, at no extra charge (that’s why we put Alaska in book format).
• It’s only fair to point out: Afrika 1944 and Alaska 1943 are extra free items that you are not guaranteed to receive.
The whole publishing model for these items requires hitting the thresholds; our regular cash flow is already earmarked for other games.
• We’ll add a count to the Golden Gateway. Starting number is zero.
• Use your coupon code WENDY to take 30 percent off Africa Orientale Italiano.
• Use your coupon code REDDRAGON to take 20 percent off Conquest of Ethiopia.
• This adds up to paying $143 (plus shipping) for $254.96 worth of stuff.

Let me know if ya'll need more info on either Afrika 1944 or Alaska 1943.

Dan
"...I Spent Half My Money on Wargames - Women and Whiskey - The Other Half I Wasted..."
03-16-2018, 10:51 PM,
Are Africa Orientale Italiano and Conquest of Ethiopia sharing the same maps set ?
03-16-2018, 11:07 PM,
Old counters + old maps + 30 scenarios = $90? Dodgy
...came for the cardboard, stayed for the camaraderie...
03-16-2018, 11:48 PM,
(03-16-2018, 10:51 PM)Philippe Wrote: Are Africa Orientale Italiano and Conquest of Ethiopia sharing the same maps set ?

I don't know about APL, but that is what I was going to do: CoE maps, DR maps, AK British, DR Indian, DR New Zealand, DR & CoE Italians, add South Africans, modify Italian air power, AK British air power; looked like a game to me.

I wonder about Alaska 1943 and Africa 1944. Reboots of Alaska's War and DAK'44? Personally, I would appreciate all 3 as scenario books.
03-17-2018, 02:29 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-17-2018, 02:30 AM by Philippe.)
(03-16-2018, 11:07 PM)Shad Wrote: Old counters + old maps + 30 scenarios = $90? Dodgy

And if you preorder the bunfle AOI CoE, you get twice the same map set, and the «kickstarter style» bonus are reboot of Dak44 & Alaska war.
Strange marketing.

Huh Huh Huh