Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mixing counters
03-11-2018, 03:26 AM,
Mixing counters
Aside from the Leader counter mix which is series specific is there any immediate problems with mixing the various faction counters into a single set of counters? So all the Guard in one set, etc.
03-11-2018, 03:59 AM,
RE: Mixing counters
I wasn't sure if some units changed a bit over time (early war vs late war). I did a quick look at Soviet and German inf and hmg in PG-HQ units and they seem consistent.

I though some MP's changed on mech units going from 3rd edition boxes to 4th edition but I'm not seeing that either.

Maybe if you want to have units's thickness/look to be same on the board you are currently playing you'd want to keep them separate.
03-11-2018, 04:30 AM,
(03-11-2018, 03:59 AM)richvalle Wrote: Maybe if you want to have units's thickness/look to be same on the board you are currently playing you'd want to keep them separate.

I hadn't even thought of that. Good point.
03-11-2018, 07:15 AM,
The U.S. Marine Corps INF was redone to reduce the insane direct fire values.

I'm sure there have been a few other tweaks to AFVs here and there, but nothing that would really matter. Mix at will. Just, as you already know, keep leaders separate.
...came for the cardboard, stayed for the camaraderie...
03-11-2018, 11:02 AM,
Mostly the unit counters are mixable, provided you pay attention. Leaders, as you noted, and aircraft are not. I suggested marking leaders with some code for sorting them when it comes to games that mix leader sets,

Beyond that, this what I've noted:
Going from 1st/2nd Ed, some German AFVs (like the PzKwIVe) got shorter ranges. The Soviet 76.2mm field gun has its bombardment strength reduced from 12 to 10.
When John Stafford took over as editor, heavy weapon platoon reduced DF factors became ½ rounded up. Before then, nearly all of them were ½ rounded down.
A couple AFVs have had armor values changed. The Brumbar comes to mind.
As Drew noted, 1st release of Saipan had marines with a DF of 10, later releases are DF 8.
Fireflys have had their AT values increased to 8-8 with Lib'44. BN had them at 6-7.

There may be others, but I can't remember them right off. Just check first before moxing.
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
03-12-2018, 07:45 AM,
My unit counters are stored by nationality and by over all type in zip-lock bags. Leaders are in counter trays with sections of the counter tree in each compartment to separate them.