Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Discussion of Sparkr's beginner observations and questions
03-02-2018, 08:40 AM,
RE: Discussion of Sparkr's beginner observations and questions
In addition to the points raised earlier concerning the inevitable friction of action causing breakdowns in the neatly organized leader chains one can develop there is also the possibility that you would like to keep a force available to counter your opponent's move. This can cause a series of small activations as each player tries to keep enough force available to react to potential bold moves by their opponent.

As to casualties, they happen often enough. Remember that a demoralized unit that is required by a combat result to take a second morale check will lose a step if they fail the second check by 3 or more. Adding to that possibility is that the scenario morale levels for a demoralized unit are reduced by one (e.g. a 7/6 becomes a 6/5). Even with these losses a PG scenario can seem pretty bloodless at times. That can be deceiving however. I have had several occurrences when I had large forces on board but due to demoralization or disruption I did not have an effective force when I needed it. All those morale checks can add up!
No "minor" country left behind...

Messages In This Thread
RE: Discussion of Sparkr's beginner observations and questions - by Matt W - 03-02-2018, 08:40 AM