Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Off-board movement
02-16-2018, 08:48 AM,
Off-board movement
4th ed question. If all of a side’s units start off-board I assume that they have to enter as individual units or stacks?
02-16-2018, 09:23 AM,
RE: Off-board movement
Technically, all units move individually. Leaders may move with units.
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
02-19-2018, 04:23 AM,
I didn't make myself very clear.

What is the process by which off-board units get activated? Are they activated individually or can I build off-boar stacks and then activate them?

So, if I have 20 units off-board, do I have to do 20 distinct activations?
02-19-2018, 04:31 AM,
You can create virtual stacks and adjacent virtual stacks.
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
02-19-2018, 05:09 AM,
Thanks
02-19-2018, 06:41 AM,
Just keep in mind what your off board arrangements are. As a general rule, the hexes off the map are the same as the connecting hex on the board, ad infinitum.

We also play that the entry turn is really the earliest entry turn. Units may enter on later turns, unless we determine that that particular entry turn is critical.
02-19-2018, 08:58 PM,
We do play that roads continue in some fashion off board. You just have to remember that not every unit can be on the "road" in most cases.
No "minor" country left behind...
02-20-2018, 01:10 AM,
We imagine the roads continue outward forever. So does clear, woods, or whatever.
(02-19-2018, 08:58 PM)Matt W Wrote: You just have to remember that not every unit can be on the "road" in most cases.
True, but everyone can move onto the 'road', at the same movement cost of the first road hex terrain on the board. ALso keep in mind that we generally consider the entry turn to be the earliest entry turn. (Any unit/leader not on the board by the end of the game is considered eliminated.)