Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lawrence of Arabia split???
01-24-2018, 01:24 PM,
Lawrence of Arabia split???
I kind of getting tired of AP splitting up games. You would think they would be losing money each time, giving away a free game, not only that they take forever to get.

I hope Mike changes his mind about this:

>Infantry Attacks: Lawrence of Arabia

>I believe we’ll split this huge game into two segments: the desert and Palestine. It has more sophisticated artillery rules than Fall of Empires so I want that one completed first.
01-24-2018, 11:58 PM,
RE: Lawrence of Arabia split???
Where did you read that? I can't find any mention on the website.
01-25-2018, 02:01 AM,
It's in the latest Gold Club Insider.

Frankly, I just want them to actually publish IA stuff and stop pushing it off.
01-25-2018, 04:55 AM,
(01-25-2018, 02:01 AM)J6A Wrote: It's in the latest Gold Club Insider.

Me too.

I kept some old Gold Club Journal and saw Fall of Empires and Lawrence of Arabia advertised to GC members in the 7/28/2014 newsletter.
01-25-2018, 09:12 AM,
(01-25-2018, 02:01 AM)J6A Wrote: It's in the latest Gold Club Insider.

Its been listed like that in the updates for months. Im surprised no one seemed to notice until now. 
01-25-2018, 10:56 AM,
Some of us are no longer GC members. I have not been one for the past three years.
01-25-2018, 11:30 AM,
It seems like, whenever a game gets split, it will add additional 2-3 years before we see it. Sad
01-25-2018, 10:48 PM,
Does Mike read these threads? Is he even a PG-HQ member? I would think that this group constitutes his loyal customer base and that he would take a vested interest in our thoughts and discussion about some (many) of his business decisions.
01-26-2018, 02:08 PM,
I really don’t mind it much..... I hate to say it but I got really used to waiting. If it gets me a better product, and more stuff for free, then horray for me. So far I am waiting on road to Dunkirk, fire on the steppes, Lawrence of Arabia, fall of empires, Russian imperial guard, Austrian mountain division, hearts of iron, winter fury, king of kings, river fleets update, potato wars, lDF, Alsace 1940, and I think a few others.... oh and the laser cut hills.
01-28-2018, 05:56 AM,
(01-26-2018, 02:08 PM)Greyfox Wrote: I really don’t mind it much..... I hate to say it but I got really used to waiting.  If it gets me a better product, and more stuff for free, then horray for me.  So far I am waiting on road to Dunkirk, fire on the steppes, Lawrence of Arabia, fall of empires, Russian imperial guard, Austrian mountain division, hearts of iron, winter fury, king of kings, river fleets update, potato wars, lDF, Alsace 1940, and I think a few others.... oh and the laser cut hills.

Yeah I've got a significant amount of $$$ invested in backlogged items as well.  I am finding it very difficult to invest more in new products especially since I can wait a few months or years later and pick up those early orders in the 'best price ever' sales.  I know AP needs a constant revenue stream in order to keep the lights on but at some point you need to deliver on what was sold if you want to keep your customers spending money.