Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kokoda Trail vs. The Kokoda Campaign
01-29-2019, 02:31 AM,
RE: Kokoda Trail vs. The Kokoda Campaign
My counters don't fit in boxes. They are well sorted though.
Dog Days 2016, The Second Great War: Germany’s Colonial Empire is completely playable Kokoda Trail.
If you have all the required support games, Kokoda Trail has more interesting air assets. It can be more interesting with the aircraft from Waltzing Matilda (use both sides). Kokoda Campaign only has 1 call for an airstrike, and I had to make a special counter for that in the Vassal module. (Well, I didn't really have to.) Big Grin
Kokoda Campaign has 29 scenarios, where as Kokoda Trail has 30. But then there is the battle game organization in Kokoda Campaign. Confused
I really liked the multinational aspect of Assault on No. 3 Airstrip with Kokoda Trail.
The IJA and IJN shouldn't have to use each oother's counters, it violate the notion of their hostile rivalry.
Kokoda Campaign is is not an intro game. Despite the moniker, Invasion '44 is really either.

Do get it as an intro to the Pacific War, but not as an intro to the game system.

The Australians need some M3 Stuarts too. (Just to mix it up some more.)
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking

Messages In This Thread
RE: Kokoda Trail vs. The Kokoda Campaign - by plloyd1010 - 01-29-2019, 02:31 AM