Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eastern Front Countersheet Question.
01-13-2018, 10:44 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-13-2018, 10:50 PM by rerathbun. Edit Reason: clarified that countersheets ordered in huge numbers were the older, Chinese-printed ones )
RE: Eastern Front Countersheet Question.
(01-13-2018, 01:31 AM)plloyd1010 Wrote:
(01-12-2018, 02:36 PM)triangular_cube Wrote: RtB and EF sheet 4 are the same? No?
I just looked at them side-by-side. I think you're right.

They are indeed the same.  Eastern Front Deluxe and Road to Berlin were produced at nearly the same time, and RTB countersheet 4 was used in both games.  Saves a lot of $$ on layout costs with the printer. 

Due to economies of scale, the older Chinese-printed countersheets were ordered in huge numbers, so the same countersheets are used in all versions of a single game, no matter what the edition date is.  Also why you'll see countersheets from older games repurposed in new games.  I believe we'll see some EFD counters in Fire in the Steppe.  When the counters finally run out and they re-order, you will see Avalanche Press announce that a game has the "new, silky-smooth die-cut playing pieces."

There may be minor differences in color between print runs of the same countersheet, but I believe the difference in color between the two countersheets shown on BGG reflect different color casts in the scanner settings.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Eastern Front Countersheet Question. - by rerathbun - 01-13-2018, 10:44 PM