Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Needed, U.S. order of battle in PG form for
11-05-2014, 09:18 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-05-2014, 09:20 AM by larry marak.)
Needed, U.S. order of battle in PG form for
1941-1942. A certain designer who shall remain nameless is figuring this out as we speak. I'm sure the project will be quite successful.

But, I need the counters for another field of battle. The drive from Grover's Mill to the Atlantic ocean in 1938. Alan has given us one scenario from World's War One, but there is so much more to depict. With the campaign system found in Panzer Lehr and Winter Soldiers, and a countersheet worth of units, including some 1930- ear army aircraft planes, we could actually do a Wellsian campaign. We'd need counters from the unnamed game, an area map, and a reinforcement schedual for the Tripods of doom.

Once this was published, it would be child's play to apply the tripod and poison smoke counters to Well's 1898 invasion set in the suburbs of London for Infantry Attacks.
11-05-2014, 05:53 PM,
RE: Needed, U.S. order of battle in PG form for
US OOB for where. I didn't really understand your post Larry
11-05-2014, 11:39 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-06-2014, 01:28 AM by plloyd1010.)
Well Larry, you should be careful what you ask for. Such questions are the path to never ending projects. While don't have any specific PG material relating to that period, I don't think anyone does, I have some sources to guide you on your path to oblivion.

First the Steel Panthers:World at War virtual headquarters will give you platoon composition and company organizations. You refine your search by choosing "command/branch", country, month & year. It will return compositions of units from companies & downward.

Once you are truly prepared for the Abyss, go to the Combined Arms Research Library, you are after the US Army order of battle, 1919-1941. There are 4 volumes, you are only interested in the first 2. While you are over there you may want to look for Infantry in Battle by Gen. George Marshall, it is a very good guide U.S. infantry doctrine between the wars.

See you on the otherside. Cool
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
11-06-2014, 01:29 AM,
Mike mentioned the unnamed project in the last insider, but hasn't gone public (Daily Content) with it. Since I'm known around here as a blabbermouth, I figured I'd better be mysterious.
11-06-2014, 01:53 AM,
Like they say, you only need to remember 2 things. First, don't tell anyone everything you know. I wonder how many of us have the same secrets.
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
03-07-2018, 06:29 PM,
Stalingrad
Stalingrad. I've never seen a specific "March on Stalingrad" and "Battle for Stalingrad" and Manstein's Counterattack." So many titles before we sleep.

Craig