Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Rules] 4th Ed, OBA vs Assault in Ent hex
12-24-2017, 12:16 AM,
4th Ed, OBA vs Assault in Ent hex
I have a single unit and leader in an Ent being assaulted by 3 units of US Inf. The Germans bravely called down OBA onto their own position. 

The way I figured the attack column was: base 16 +1 for 3 units vs the US and base 16 -1 FF, -2 Ent for the Germans.

However, the table says units in a hex with an Ent get the -2. The US units ARE in a hex with an Ent... they way I picture it though is that they are OUTSIDE the Ent even though in the same hex. Since they are assaulting though they could be considered close enough to it to get the bonus?
12-24-2017, 01:07 AM,
RE: 4th Ed, OBA vs Assault in Ent hex
We always played it as know. The last side to control the entrenchment gets the benefits.
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
12-25-2017, 07:03 AM,
RE: 4th Ed, OBA vs Assault in Ent hex
(12-24-2017, 01:07 AM)plloyd1010 Wrote: We always played it as know. The last side to control the entrenchment gets the benefits.

Agreed.... doesn’t make sense that an assaulting unit would benefit from entrenchment unless they had already driven the former occupants from it and then occupied it themselves.