Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Official --( Introduce Yourself )-- Thread!
06-16-2014, 08:05 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-16-2014, 08:19 PM by Brett Nicholson.)
RE: The Official --( Introduce Yourself )-- Thread!
I don't actually own KSF or have I played any of it but it's probably not the most "beginner"-friendly PG game as a lot of the older games like 'Afrika Korps' or 'Battle of the Bulge' have their first scenario in the book as a training or introductory scenario with only a few turns and a small amount of foot units to start with. As you have been a wargamer for years I am in no way discouraging you from playing KSF at all but after scanning some of the scenarios and AARS from this site there really aren't any training scenarios that I can tell from. Almost all of them are combined arms with armored, foot and bombarding units. However, without playing it, it seems that KSF #28 -"Kluichi Town" may be a good place to start as it is only ten turns long and involves mostly foot units. There are some armored units on the German end though but none on the Soviet side; however the Soviets do have some anti-tank capable batteries. But this is Kursk, only the largest tank battle of WWII so it would have to have tanks and a lot of tanks in it.

Actually the armored units aren't really too hard to play with and tank v.s. tank battles in PG aren't to complex to learn but it's the combination of many different types of units and leaders working together that can get complicated. Also you may want to check Boardgamegeek.com out for more input or info. But welcome nonetheless and good luck! Perhaps someone else here with more playing experience from KSF can help more.

Messages In This Thread
So I'll jump off the bridge too. - by plloyd1010 - 09-09-2012, 02:00 PM
RE: The Official --( Introduce Yourself )-- Thread! - by Brett Nicholson - 06-16-2014, 08:05 PM