Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Official --( Introduce Yourself )-- Thread!
05-15-2013, 04:58 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-18-2013, 05:00 AM by Joe Schafer.)
RE: The Official --( Introduce Yourself )-- Thread!
Ok, this seems like a good idea. I'm Joe (chaserussett is an old d&d name that I just never let go of), and I live and work in Florida. I'm in my 40's and am really enjoying this site!

My entrance into PG is, while not unique I'd guess, is interesting nonetheless. My very good friend (best?) who is not only a history teacher, but a long-time grognard, found out I love games but never play them, and bought me Patton's Best. I am a little shy about meeting new people and solo games are great for me, but then he lent me the original box of Airborne to cut my teeth on a "chit" wargame. He has or has had about every system except Case Blue and for the last number of years, prefers Tobruck, Downtown, and Avalanche's sea stuff. He had however purchased and still enjoyed many PG games, and when he found out I loved Airborne (o yes, I love Airborne) either gave me or bought me over a few years as CHristmas/birthday gifts, almost all of my current PG collection of about 12 games. It is and has been the only system I use and has become almost a comfort food to me, along with Fields of Fire. I almost only play PG solo, but when I get to play with a partner I have really loved it, although I almost always lose. The challenge for me is that it's difficult to outthink myself, and therefore I never have to outthink the other player. If I find the right person or persons, I would always be interested in playing through skype, but I'd need someone patient and willing to tolerate a newby and sometimes thick-headed person. That's why I enjoy solo so much: I never have to worry about any of that.

AAR's take time to write, and while I feel the importance of them, I'd rather play than type it up...Also, I sometimes don't finish the scenario, as I sometimes stop when I KNOW it's over...

My favorite map of what I actually have are the bulge ones, but I need to get Saipan very, very soon... EDIT--OK actually the winter maps are the best I have...

Messages In This Thread
So I'll jump off the bridge too. - by plloyd1010 - 09-09-2012, 02:00 PM
RE: The Official --( Introduce Yourself )-- Thread! - by chaserussett - 05-15-2013, 04:58 AM