Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Official --( Introduce Yourself )-- Thread!
01-28-2022, 11:51 AM,
RE: The Official --( Introduce Yourself )-- Thread!

Greetings, all.  Rick Taylor here.  Retired US Army Officer.  Hoosier born and bred; currently located NE Indiana.  60 years old as of 12-31-2021. Equally interested in AP's SWWAS and Panzer Grenadier, although play is sporadic.

Have dabbled in wargaming for some time.  Tried to master City Fight back in the 90's, but found it too tedious to play.  However, I did use it a few times as a training model for operations orders.  In the recent past have played miniatures, in both medieval and pike-and-shot eras, using Lego figurines and some (very modified) on-line rule-sets.

Early military career twelve years as an infantry officer, three spent as an assistant battalion operations officer - probably a record for position longevity.  Responsible for planning tactical training as well as the battalion maneuver scheme in the field.   So, I am quite familiar with and enjoy combined arms tactics.   

I like Panzer Grenadier because of its emphasis on the integration of leadership and morale, while nevertheless being quite playable.

Despite this perception, I am finding the transition from real-world terrain and tactics to game mechanics difficult.  Assault combat particularly vexes me.

rt

P.S.  How does one add an icon to the user?
treadasaurusrex likes this post

Messages In This Thread
So I'll jump off the bridge too. - by plloyd1010 - 09-09-2012, 02:00 PM
RE: The Official --( Introduce Yourself )-- Thread! - by PzIVF2 - 01-28-2022, 11:51 AM