Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Official --( Introduce Yourself )-- Thread!
01-17-2022, 06:48 PM,
RE: The Official --( Introduce Yourself )-- Thread!
(12-18-2021, 04:18 AM)Markm50 Wrote: Greetings folks;
I’m Mark Merritt, an old retired Wargamer who plays PG once in a while.  I live down here in Jacksonville Florida, and have since about 1999.  I retired from the Navy in 1997 and did all sorts of things until I pulled the RETIRED switch for real in 2018.  I’m married, my wife is also retired.  We have one daughter who is all grown up and out of the house. 

Since then I’ve gamed weekly with a group of 5 retired dudes that enjoy the games.  We don’t play PG in that group, although I have introduced it to some of them.  We focus on big meaty games, to fit on my 12’ X 8’ table.  

In any case, I like PG and especially Infantry Attacks.  I have most of the PG games/modules, Not all, but most.  I’m not into the counterfactual stuff much, I’d rather just stick to history.  

I’ve known about this site for years, but I figured I didn’t need another social media thing.  Well, I left most of the social media accounts in the past year, and this seems focused on stuff I’m likely to care about more.  So, here I am!

Welcome to the club Mark.   I am about a 18-21 months away from retiring from that Army (it will be over 27 years when I do).  Still don't know what I want to do when I grow up, but still have another 15-20 years  of additional work before I can think of becoming a full time warmer.
Markm50 and treadasaurusrex like this post

Messages In This Thread
So I'll jump off the bridge too. - by plloyd1010 - 09-09-2012, 02:00 PM
RE: The Official --( Introduce Yourself )-- Thread! - by Greyfox - 01-17-2022, 06:48 PM