Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Official --( Introduce Yourself )-- Thread!
08-29-2012, 11:34 PM,
RE: The Official --( Introduce Yourself )-- Thread!
Welcome Don,

I think I saw your note on CSW as well. Elsenborn Ridge is a great starting point. It has a wide mix of scenarios and troops. More importantly, as a boxed game it includes everything you need. Many of the supplements pull from a number of games. The HQ makes it very clear which supplements require which games by scenario. As a possible addition to the starting point I might suggest War on the Equator. It is only six scenarios but it focuses on a unique subject and can be purchased from Avalanche as a DYI pdf which makes the cost minimal. I would strongly suggest that rather than just the free scenarios on the web site. In War on the Equator you get a wide variety of situations with nearly all arms shown.

PG is an easy game to get into as the rule set is compact. This does not mean that every rule is intuitive but it does play well and has a surprising amount of depth for the sparsity of the rules.

With over 1,700 scenarios published to date there are a number of majorly unbalanced scenarios but the ones that are out of balance are easily noted through the HQ or through the scenario descriptions themselves. Many will play well solo but not ftf and vice versa; again look at the AARs on the HQ as this is often mentioned as a factor in the description.

Many of the people who frequent the HQ play via Skype or other on line applications (I am to date a Luddite but hope springs eternal) and would be glad to work with someone new to the system.

Again welcome and happy gaming - and don't forget to log your plays!!!
No "minor" country left behind...

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Official --( Introduce Yourself )-- Thread! - by Matt W - 08-29-2012, 11:34 PM
So I'll jump off the bridge too. - by plloyd1010 - 09-09-2012, 02:00 PM