Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Official --( Introduce Yourself )-- Thread!
08-28-2012, 01:12 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-28-2012, 01:14 PM by zovs.)
RE: The Official --( Introduce Yourself )-- Thread!
Hello my name is Don Lazov, I am 46 years old/young and started war gaming back in 1977 at the age of 11 (or about 35 years ago), I served in the US Army from 1987 to 1991, and I have over 500 or so war games (or add on's, mods etc., not including PC war games) to this day. Not sure if you can access this link or not:

My War Game Collection...

I have play-tested and done some scenario design work for PC war games (Matrix Games War in the East and Decision Games CWIE-II as well as some scenarios for Steel Panthers World War II) and done some proofing for both MMP and DG.

I have played a lot of war games in the last three and half decades of gaming, and done everything from the old SPI Sniper single man vs single man to a small one map 100 counters grand strategic WW1 war game as well as SPI's Terrible Swift Sword, Wellington's Victory, Enemy at the Gates, and Afrika, to D-Day from Avalon Hill. But I have always enjoyed the tactical games (and the War in the East/Fire in the East and okay War in Europe, lol) type of games such as Tobruck, PanzerBlitz, Panzer 44, Red Star/White Star, and even Firefight...lol

Currently I mostly only play ASL and I play ASL with one of my sons (I have 3 sons and 2 daughters, but both daughters and the oldest son are moved on out, oldest son is serving in the US Navy overseas) this war gaming son is 16 and has been playing ASL with dad for about 2 years, we play everyday just about (wife left me, lol, yeah it's sad, but never-mind). I downloaded the erules and stuff for PzG a few years ago and almost purchased Airborne for 10 bucks, but if you know ASL, I should have cause its out of print now. I have been playing ASL since about 1986 or 1987 and I got into Squad Leader back in 1979 or 1980 or so.

My other son is 12 and he plays a little ASL.

I found a good site where I ordered Eastern Front Deluxe for 42 bucks so I figured with 8 maps, 800+ counters and 112 scenarios it may be a great place to start and get my son in on it.

This week end I was thinking (and have been thinking about it for a few years) of picking up a rotary cutter, some mat boards and some Avery labels and trying to make some PzG counters and print out of the sample counters and push them around a bit.

Not sure how to add in an avatar on my profile yet.

My trade is a Software Engineer, I have been writing code (now java) since 1995 or so.

I have no idea on how to play PzG.

Lets try a photo, hope it does not scare you way...

[Image: Picture17.jpg]

anyway I am rambling on now, so where is the next stop?

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Official --( Introduce Yourself )-- Thread! - by zovs - 08-28-2012, 01:12 PM
So I'll jump off the bridge too. - by plloyd1010 - 09-09-2012, 02:00 PM