Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Official --( Introduce Yourself )-- Thread!
10-07-2020, 02:22 PM,
RE: The Official --( Introduce Yourself )-- Thread!
Greeting to everyone, my name is Charlie, aka Juiceman, I have been war gaming since the late ‘70s when a friend introduced me to AH Air Assault on Crete and have been hooked ever since.    It was in college at a local hobby shop that hosted games in their back room that I got introduced to miniatures, starting out with America Civil War, then micro armor and finally an air combat simulation using 1/72 scale models with wooden stands called Mustangs & Messerschmitt’s, not sure what was more fun the game or building the airplanes. 

Continued to play board games & this air combat simulation during my first career but those games fell out of favor during my second career which required too much time & travel away from home.  To get my fix turned to computer war gaming.

Onto my third career now and during the recent unpleasantness was searching on the net for a computer naval simulation when I came across the Avalanche Press website and was drawn to the PG game system.  Purchased my first PG game, the Kokoda Campaign, I like the obscure battles or times in history.   Soon after purchased 4 more games on sale and joined PG-HQ. 

What a great website, it has been very helpful being a rookie to the game system, reading all the posts by the veterans of the site, downloaded some of the cheat sheets & charts, if I have a question I can usually find the answer in the forum.  Will try to post some AAR's but I am no Hemingway. 
joe_oppenheimer likes this post
"Don't let the dirt and rust hang you up, we like to give the impression that we are out of action badly in need of rest and reorganization"

Messages In This Thread
So I'll jump off the bridge too. - by plloyd1010 - 09-09-2012, 02:00 PM
RE: The Official --( Introduce Yourself )-- Thread! - by Juiceman - 10-07-2020, 02:22 PM