Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Official --( Introduce Yourself )-- Thread!
05-28-2019, 01:26 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-28-2019, 01:31 PM by Poor Yorek.)
RE: The Official --( Introduce Yourself )-- Thread!
One "trick" I learned or used as an only child was to move to the other side of the board(s) when playing the "other" side.  This ploy worked well in adulthood with PG.  And, like Hugmenot, sometimes I just assign random variation - especially with unit movement not along roads.  

The thing about solo play is that one drops the competitive win/lose point of view and takes on the perspective of what would I do as a platoon leader for this side in this situation.  

Btw, another thing one can do is consider the leader's morale as an RP element - a LDR with a morale of 7 or even an 8 with no modifiers might be likely to react more out of reflex or fight/flee vs. a 9 or 10 morale, especially with bonuses - especially if the "weaker" leaders get isolated from chain activation from a "stronger" one.  Put another way, leaders with a 1 or even a 2 combat bonus I play "smart" even with possibly meta-gaming as a substitute for the German term fingerspitzengefuhl or battlefield intuition; whereas lesser leaders "activate" more straightforwardly or even cautiously.  

Messages In This Thread
So I'll jump off the bridge too. - by plloyd1010 - 09-09-2012, 02:00 PM
RE: The Official --( Introduce Yourself )-- Thread! - by Poor Yorek - 05-28-2019, 01:26 PM