Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Official --( Introduce Yourself )-- Thread!
03-02-2018, 04:54 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-02-2018, 05:09 AM by Sparkr.)
RE: The Official --( Introduce Yourself )-- Thread!
Hey folks,  my name is Steve Sparks and I'm new to PG. 

I am a war game collector and have, for the most part stayed with miniatures. However, I have a number of block and counter games now and I decided to collect some of the Panzer Grenadier games and have found them and the rules rather intriguing.  I cannot find a video (yet) on U-Tube that shows an example of how the game is actually played by those familiar with the game.  There is one that had an aborted start and then the creator decided it was too hard to understand or play and said he was putting his games up for sale. 

The leader game mechanics is something new to me, although I am used to "command" elements in most of the miniature games I have.  The way this is interwoven with activation has taken me a little time to get used to.  A single activation, if properly done, could bring into effect a large number of forces (if I'm playing this correctly).  This rather, it seems, defeats the purpose of a game that requires players to take back and forth actions.  If I'm activating nearly my entire front line I could essentially be done (especially with a small number of units) with my turn before the other player starts there's.

The other thing I have noticed is that it's seems really hard to inflict serious casualties unless I have a number of units combining their firepower together.  A single infantry unit is going to have a hard time creating any serious injury to an opponent based upon the charts used to create morale checks, and step losses.  But, again, I could be missing something.  That is why I'm so interested in watching experienced players actually play the game.  If you have an idea where I can find a video online to see this, please let me know.

I'm an executive of a media company in Washington D.C., and when not busy working, I'm fly-fishing, bird hunting and modeling.

Thanks. 

(By the way, this is a great site...revealing that my investment in this series should be well worth it!)

Sparkr

Messages In This Thread
So I'll jump off the bridge too. - by plloyd1010 - 09-09-2012, 02:00 PM
RE: The Official --( Introduce Yourself )-- Thread! - by Sparkr - 03-02-2018, 04:54 AM