Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Official --( Introduce Yourself )-- Thread!
11-18-2017, 01:00 PM,
RE: The Official --( Introduce Yourself )-- Thread!
Well, I’m Scott Blanchett. I retired from the Army (medical) in 2013. I’m prior Navy, then law enforcement before I went to the Army in 2004. I’m married to a wonderful wife who graciously indulges me in my hobby. I have just a few game systems in my collection as I have some memory issues related to my deployments. I originally started with hex and counter games again in 2016 when I acquired Panzer Blitz and Leader. After finding the games lacking in depth, I went to try the Tactical Gamex ruleset to get leadership value. That’s when I read a short blurb of how Panzer Grenadier was trash from an ASL player’s point of view. That’s when things took a turn for the better. With my curiosity peaked, I looked in to several games and got hooked. My first purchase was an amazingly cheap copy of Cassino. From there on, I have continued to acquire different games and supplements. For me, this is the best platoon level system I have ever encountered. The variety of games, scenarios and units is phenomenal. From my own military experience, leadership in an engagement plays a huge role, and PG takes that and meshes it in to the game very well. I enjoy the gameplay as well as reading and writing AARs. I also plan on writing articles from time to time. Being retired, I have plenty of time to game and study the battles and areas of operations a little more in depth. Looking forward to scratching my military itch more and more through PG.

Messages In This Thread
So I'll jump off the bridge too. - by plloyd1010 - 09-09-2012, 02:00 PM
RE: The Official --( Introduce Yourself )-- Thread! - by retiredgrunt17 - 11-18-2017, 01:00 PM