Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Official --( Introduce Yourself )-- Thread!
07-14-2017, 11:43 AM,
RE: The Official --( Introduce Yourself )-- Thread!
Welcome aboard, Kyle. Airborne can be challenging to start with because of the hedge spotting, but Eastern Front and Road to Berlin are great entry points. Don't be shy posting here. We're a friendly group!
...came for the cardboard, stayed for the camaraderie...
07-14-2017, 11:55 PM,
Thank you! Great to hear about Eastern Front and Road to Berlin. I wasn't sure about them.
07-15-2017, 06:41 AM,
Much more open terrain in either game, and many one or two map scenarios.
08-08-2017, 10:28 AM,
If I may be allowed a bit of (step)fatherly pride, I thought to post to say that PGHQ member TheDoctor recently graduated from US Army ROTC Advanced Camp (CST) with an Outstanding rating and an Expert qualification in the M4 carbine.  
08-08-2017, 10:37 AM,
No wonder he hasn't had time to play lately! Congratulations from me!
08-15-2017, 07:18 PM,
Wink  RE: The Official --( Introduce Yourself )-- Thread!
Hello to everyone

New PG-HQ recruit and new to Panzer Grenadier. Just ordered a copy of Panzer Grenadier - Eastern front from Second Chance Games in the UK

I am a long time wargamer, since early 80’s. I have been a member of Boardgamegeek.com and Consimworld.com for a number of years.

I have and play Conflict of Heroes, Band of brothers, a number of OCS games, Roads to Leningrad, Roads to Moscow and, Panzer Battles 11th Panzer on the Chir River, Proud Monster. (plus lots of others)

I also have a large collection of Eastern Front books and have been interested in that theatre for a long time. Currently reading Iron Cross Brigade by Christian Bauermeister and Jason Mark (I now have a favourite author in Jason Marks...having also read Besiged: The epic battle for Cholm) I highly recommend both.

Served 14 years in the British Army on Chieftains and Scorpions before moving onto Helicopters, now work in IT as a Solution Architect for HP, no sorry HPE, oh wait no DXC technology. Based out of Erskine near Glasgow in Scotland.

Me (feels like) some where on the Eastern Front. Recce Troop circa 1985 (BATUS Suffield)

08-15-2017, 11:00 PM,
Too cool! Welcome aboard, be sure you've got a copy of the new 4th edition rules to go with Eastern Front Deluxe!
08-19-2017, 10:05 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-19-2017, 10:08 AM by Poor Yorek.)
(08-15-2017, 07:18 PM)Lunardirp Wrote: Hello to everyone

Me (feels like) some where on the Eastern Front. Recce Troop circa 1985 (BATUS Suffield)

Welcome.  So you're the fellow making those crop circles! :-)
09-02-2017, 04:20 PM,
Hello, my name is Brandon i am a new player from the San Jose California area my younger brother and myself are just getting into the game. I have a background in miniatures gaming more on the sci fi side but i am getting tired of all the work that goes into miniatures kind of becoming burnt out on them and world war 2 has always interested me so i picked up a couple of the box games as soon as i looked around and settled on Panzer Grenadier. I hope to do some miniature game style battle reports for the system and hopefully get good enough at the rules to put up a how to play video series eventually.
09-02-2017, 08:55 PM,
Welcome, Brandon! How's the wargaming in San Jose? Do you have some regular face-to-face opponents for miniatures?