Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Official --( Introduce Yourself )-- Thread!
07-25-2012, 10:32 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-25-2012, 10:33 PM by beast013.)
RE: The Official --( Introduce Yourself )-- Thread!
[attachment=46]My name is Kevin Combs and I live in Columbia Maryland. I have been wargaming for over 40 years. I started in 1972 with Afrika Korps and have not turned back. Wargaming/gaming is my passion. During the toast at one of my marriages (divorced three times), my best man summed it up by saying “Kevin has a mistress and her name is wargaming.” How true!

At one time or another, I have played and owned every game Avalon Hill produced. Also played lots of SPI and GDW games as well as others (People’s Wargames, Taurus Games, Battleline, Phoenix Games, etc.). I also do roleplaying games going all the way back to D&D 1st edition (white box) to the current rules as well as Traveller, Call of Cthulhu and others.

One of the games I really loved from Avalon Hill was Panzerblitz - great tactical game. Things got better with Panzer Leader. I kept looking for tactical games to build on but ASL/SL was way too deep for me (actually I think ASL is a way of life)! I came across Panzer Grenadier years ago and thought I found the golden ring. I built on the tactical level of Panzerblitz/Panzer Leader and added more depth and meat without having to have a Ph.D. to play. I sold the game at one point and honestly forgot about the system. A few years ago I read an article on the system and decided to get back into it. I won a 25 module set on eBay and decided to keep expanding. Then I found PGHQ and the rest was history. All of my play to this point has been solo though I am looking for some ftf action at WBC this year.

For work, I am the Deputy Chief Information Officer for the Department of Public Safety and Correctional Services for the State of Maryland. Thanks to the State, I got lots of furlough days the past few years that has allowed me the time to play lots of PG games. The job is busy (we are a 24/7 operation overseeing about 100,000 “customers” between corrections and community supervision) but rewarding at the same, knowing what I do each day makes it safer for the citizens of Maryland.

I have the three best children in the world. My two daughters are in college and my son will start his last year of high school this year. My son games with me as well and love attending conventions with me. We are going to GenCon again this year and he is running his first event with D&D 4th edition. Very proud of him!

I am hoping to expand into more ftf with PG (Matt – I need to get you and Daniel up for a weekend) as well as anything else game related. I found the group to be very helpful and support of the system as well as the hobby. Thanks again Shad for taking the time and energy to put together such a great site.

Attached Files Image(s)

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Official --( Introduce Yourself )-- Thread! - by beast013 - 07-25-2012, 10:32 PM
So I'll jump off the bridge too. - by plloyd1010 - 09-09-2012, 02:00 PM