Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Official --( Introduce Yourself )-- Thread!
07-24-2012, 03:33 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-04-2013, 03:16 AM by larry marak.)
RE: The Official --( Introduce Yourself )-- Thread!
I'm Larry (Old Man) Marak. Born Aug 5 of 1950, spent my whole life in Burbank California. Invented board war-gaming in 1961 while in elementary school (this was a simple solo short-range missle strike game. Map out the battlefield, close your eyes, and let your blind finger plunge down, designating the target location)

Introduced to Board-Wargaming in 1970 with Panzerblitz. Was an active collector for 35 years, then pruned down to pre-retirement mode. Play just PG and the naval series regularly, and made a lot of people happy during the collection sell off.

World traveler, was in Turkey for 9-11.

Dual master's degree in ancient history and classical languages from UCLA, being put to good use as a career worker in the water and power industry. Does help me a lot while watching Jeopardy on tv.

Married, no kids (wife had a stroke at age 24), favorite uncle to plenty. Infamous for my tv appearance as a husband on the most x-rated topic to be addressed on the Dr. Phil show ever, 400 hate mail emails on that show's website to prove it.

The vast majority of my game play is solitaire. Love reading (and printing out, and filing) the AAR's on this site. Where possible, I illustrate my files with photos of the battlefield and men and vehicles involved to create living books of other peoples game play.

Just reviewed this thread, and I noticed that if you take my glasses off I'm Enriques's twin brother by another mother. My wife just saw the picture and is laughing.
Tambu likes this post

Attached Files Image(s)

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Official --( Introduce Yourself )-- Thread! - by larry marak - 07-24-2012, 03:33 AM
So I'll jump off the bridge too. - by plloyd1010 - 09-09-2012, 02:00 PM