Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Official --( Introduce Yourself )-- Thread!
05-24-2017, 04:55 AM,
RE: The Official --( Introduce Yourself )-- Thread!
Hi Grognards!!

I am the newbie, and a Frenchie one!! I made the jump finally to register to PzGrd after loooooong weeks of incertitude: "which squad leader game I want to play???". Damn, it was, not so cool and easy to chose from.

I tell you frankly, I am attired by ASL and its European only battlefield ops. But it really costs a kidney (an used one of course!!  Big Grin ) and it's not available every time and every where, BUT it has a strong community of fans. One of its main interests: small (but horrible) maps!! I don't have a lot of space to play...

I have the Europe box of Combat Commander from GMT. Okay, it was really cheap for a brand new one but I dislike at all its card system, it has no vehicules, and the map are bigger and horrible too. Should I known it, I shouldn't have bought it. Yeah, I know, rulebooks are available online but I don't like reading on a computer/tablet screen: my eyes are really tired - and I don't have an e-reader so... and it was really, really cheap!!! (I understand now the why!!)

I downloaded Valor&Victory from BGG. Cool. An ASL Lite, free (YEAH!!!), a lot of scenarios, it's evolving, and it has its community of fans on BGG (where I am a member). BUT I need to mount the chits / markers / counters, and I am FORBIDDEN to do it (severe mental issues which are drawing to severe physical attempts when I am in the "deepest down"). So, I let it go...

Months earlier, I ordered the demo kit of PzGrd from AP. Cool. Good looking map, thick but humm-humm printed counters (maybe it's because it's a demo kit), BUT no printed rulebook!!! I had to print it. AAAAAARGH!!!! No printer!!! Until recently (near a month ago), I put this game aside, hoping for a solution to get a printed copy of the rulebook. Now that I have printed it, I like the system. BUT I still have a problem with the LOS, it's mainly due to be a miniatures wargamer with "true" LOS - no laser pointer used, I am no geek enough!! So, I know that I have to adapt, but I may develop one or two points of rules for this specific case only.

Like main consim players, I play solo. My bro doesn't like board game/consims ("not intellectual hobbies" - the dumb), I don't like to play on a computer (but I may go to IF PzGrd is catching me enough - who knows), I can't have a social life (with my severe mental issue, I developed a bunch of phobics - among them, the agoraphobia, the claustrophobia and more).

And now, here I am. A young recruit, about to enter the wonderful world of PzGrd, a really beautiful and well furnished in scenarios Squad level consim - and a cheap game too!!! It just lacks a bi-monthly printed magazine!!  

Messages In This Thread
So I'll jump off the bridge too. - by plloyd1010 - 09-09-2012, 02:00 PM
RE: The Official --( Introduce Yourself )-- Thread! - by FredManson - 05-24-2017, 04:55 AM