Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Official --( Introduce Yourself )-- Thread!
04-21-2016, 01:18 PM,
Smile  RE: The Official --( Introduce Yourself )-- Thread!
   My full name is Dean Duff Hickman II.  I was born and raised in Southern California.  

I went to and graduated from California State San Bernardino with an accounting degree, although accounting is not my profession.  The accounting background helps me in understanding business related stuff which comes in handy.

My interest in gaming started in College because I was exposed to Roleplaying games, ( D&D 3rd edition).  I enjoyed roleplaying,  but my group in college started to break up.  While browsing for RPG goods at a local hobby store, ( The Adventurer's Guild of Riverside California) I discovered historical Wargames of the miniatures variety.  Long Story short I started playing a lot of Historical Miniature Wargames ,which eventually got me interested in Boardgame Wargames.

I  played the original squad leader, but did not like the sequence of play.  My friend was working for a games distribution company and mentioned Panzer Grenadier.  I found a pdf of the third edition rules for Panzer Grenadier.   I read the rules and liked what I saw and purchased PG Bulge, and PG eastern front.  I even found a fellow PG player in my local area and we played Panzer Grenadier face to face.  I have to be honest that my friend and I played only the small to medium scenarios.  

I ended up moving and selling off my Panzer Grendier stuff.  I still liked the platoon level tactical stuff and I ended up purchasing PanzerBlitz 2 : Hill of Death.  I only played two situations from Panzerblitz solo, situations seven and eight.  I never found anybody interested in playing Panzerblitz 2 face to face in my area so the game ended up on my shelf.  I also purchased World at War: Eisenbach Gap and played the game solo and with face to face opponents.  I think it was easier to find face to face opponents for World at War because it is a one of the Easier descendants of Panzerblitz rules wise.

I would like to try playing Panzer Grenadier again especially the newer stuff.  I will drive anywhere in Los Angeles county ( not West LA )  and Orange county for face to face gaming.

Nice to meet you. 

Messages In This Thread
So I'll jump off the bridge too. - by plloyd1010 - 09-09-2012, 02:00 PM
RE: The Official --( Introduce Yourself )-- Thread! - by Dean_Hickman - 04-21-2016, 01:18 PM