Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Official --( Introduce Yourself )-- Thread!
08-29-2015, 01:15 AM,
RE: The Official --( Introduce Yourself )-- Thread!
Hi everyone, I am new to the site and forum.  Call me Jude.

I was born and raised in Southern California, but I've moved around a lot since I left for college.  I lived 3 years in Vermont, 5 in Ohio, almost 12 in Arizona, and am now living here in southeast Florida.  (as an aside I see a lot of Florida members on the forum.  Perhaps a meet and greet and game session is in order).

I have always been an avid fan of sci-fi and history.  My father served in the navy in WWII, and as a boy I spent many hours wearing his old cap, pretending to shoot down zeroes.  I got into rpgs when I was 9.  I got my first wargame when I was 11.  My parents took me with them on a road trip to Vegas, and on our way out my mom stopped at a small strip mall just off the strip to get supplies.  There was a hobby store in that mall, and I convinced her to let me check it out.  Inside I saw Avalon Hill's Starship Troopers and just had to get it.  I spent the rest of the trip through Arizona reading the rules and testing it out, and finally bought the book (at a grocery store no less) a few months later.

During the 80's I mostly played a lot of sci-fi games: Battletech at first, then Warhammer 40k.  My circle of friends didn't like historical games, but we did play Axis & Allies on occasion.  I also got into GDWs Test of Arms at the end of the 80's, which was a fun game.

After that work, career and kids kept the gaming activities down.  I bought a large bulk of PG and SWWAS games about 8-10 years ago but didn't play much.  Now I am getting back into the groove.

I have a wide range of interests which sometimes keeps me from focusing too much.  In addition to PG, I also enjoy miniatures games, and I'm currently working on painting US and German armies for I Ain't Been Shot Mum in 20mm.  Sometime I will also get arounf to painting and playing all the Robotech RPG minis I got from the kickstarter, and somewhere in there I will paint the 20 or so blood bowl teams I have.  I also play a lot of strat-o-matic football online, and play in two different online leagues.  The cold war is another topic I have been interested in lately, and I am working on buying old 80's classics I missed.  My latest find is Nato: the Next War In Europe, and I really want to get my hands on SPI's next war in Europe as well.

I have vassal but have not played online games yet, but am always looking for new foes.  

Looking forward to being on the site and forum.  

Messages In This Thread
So I'll jump off the bridge too. - by plloyd1010 - 09-09-2012, 02:00 PM
RE: The Official --( Introduce Yourself )-- Thread! - by HeyJude - 08-29-2015, 01:15 AM