Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Official --( Introduce Yourself )-- Thread!
06-18-2014, 12:30 AM,
RE: The Official --( Introduce Yourself )-- Thread!
I will definitely cover all the core rules.

I won't know if I will cover the optional rules until I see the optional rules booklet. Their length and my interest in them will play a large part in my decision.
06-18-2014, 03:38 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-18-2014, 03:38 AM by t1M0t8yk.)
(06-17-2014, 11:17 AM)campsawyer Wrote: Where are you generally located, USA, Europe, Asia as well as timezone.

I am Chicagoland, USA. So that's CT zone.
06-18-2014, 04:08 AM,
(06-18-2014, 03:38 AM)t1M0t8yk Wrote:
(06-17-2014, 11:17 AM)campsawyer Wrote: Where are you generally located, USA, Europe, Asia as well as timezone.

I am Chicagoland, USA. So that's CT zone.

Oh? Where abouts? I'm in Naperville. You ever make it to Games Plus? I'm meeting up with a friend to play PG there next Sat if you wanted to stop by to say 'hi'. We could talk about PG some though I suspect my friend wouldn't be keen on having someone hang out to watch us play for an extended time.
06-18-2014, 04:29 AM,
(06-18-2014, 04:08 AM)richvalle Wrote: I'm in Naperville. You ever make it to Games Plus? I'm meeting up with a friend to play PG there next Sat if you wanted to stop by to say 'hi'.

Awesome, Rich. I'm in Palatine, a lot closer to Games Plus than you, and I intermittently meet friends there. I'll be out of town this weekend, but I can make it another time soon. If you're willing to show a noob the ropes let me know.
06-18-2014, 04:45 AM,
(06-18-2014, 04:29 AM)t1M0t8yk Wrote:
(06-18-2014, 04:08 AM)richvalle Wrote: I'm in Naperville. You ever make it to Games Plus? I'm meeting up with a friend to play PG there next Sat if you wanted to stop by to say 'hi'.

Awesome, Rich. I'm in Palatine, a lot closer to Games Plus than you, and I intermittently meet friends there. I'll be out of town this weekend, but I can make it another time soon. If you're willing to show a noob the ropes let me know.

Sure!

When though... ahhh, that is the question. I know my weekends are pretty booked for the next month or so. Let me figure out when we could hook up and I'll get in touch with you.

rv
06-19-2014, 07:09 AM,
(06-18-2014, 04:29 AM)t1M0t8yk Wrote:

Just so you guys know, I am in Elk Grove Village, which is not that far at all. Although my schedule is pretty busy with my daughter's travel softball tournaments. I have also played SKYPE games with Vince Hughes, Wayne Baumber and Alan Sawyer so I have been "through the ringer" so to speak! :-)
06-19-2014, 07:30 AM,
Nice! We need to have a Panzer Gren day at Games Plus. Smile

And I hear you about hacking out free time.
07-17-2014, 12:08 AM,
Hi Everybody, I'm Nick DelCorpo and I Love war games!!!!

My father taught me my first game, Avalon Hill's Kriegspeil. Ever since that moment I've been enthralled by the paper and hexes of war games. Don't get me wrong, I am a huge fan of video games (Final Fantasy) and enjoy good eye candy. Its something about all those possibilities, just how, where and when I could attack or defend against my opponent, as a small boy I played chess, as a man, I play war games. From Kriegspeil, to Blitzkrieg, and many games in between. Than I was introduced, (again by my father) to Panzer Grenadier. It was here, on these hexes that I knew Ii belonged, the rules, simple, but the depth of strategy complete. Armor and infantry working together in harmony without layers of rules to burst your brain. Platoon Level combat, numbers I could wrap my head around, it was bliss, and still is. See you on the battlefield!

~Nick
07-17-2014, 12:40 AM,
Welcome to the clubhouse Nick, we have fun, we have arguements, we drink beer (except me darn cardiologist).
07-17-2014, 12:41 AM,
Welcome Nick,
My first cardboard wargame was 'Avalon Hill's "Panzer Leader" and then "Luftwaffe" at the early age of around 12. I've been off and on the wargaming circuit since then but have found 'Panzer Grenadier' to keep me going on and retain my interest for the last year and a half with no end in sight; for better or worse. There are some great and helpful people here at the site and plenty (including myself) up for a shared match via skype from all over the globe -cheers!

-Brett N.