Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Official --( Introduce Yourself )-- Thread!
11-18-2017, 12:07 PM,
RE: The Official --( Introduce Yourself )-- Thread!
(08-08-2017, 10:28 AM)Poor Yorek Wrote: If I may be allowed a bit of (step)fatherly pride, I thought to post to say that PGHQ member TheDoctor recently graduated from US Army ROTC Advanced Camp (CST) with an Outstanding rating and an Expert qualification in the M4 carbine.  

TheDoctor just learned that he branched Active Duty Armor!  
11-18-2017, 01:00 PM,
Well, I’m Scott Blanchett. I retired from the Army (medical) in 2013. I’m prior Navy, then law enforcement before I went to the Army in 2004. I’m married to a wonderful wife who graciously indulges me in my hobby. I have just a few game systems in my collection as I have some memory issues related to my deployments. I originally started with hex and counter games again in 2016 when I acquired Panzer Blitz and Leader. After finding the games lacking in depth, I went to try the Tactical Gamex ruleset to get leadership value. That’s when I read a short blurb of how Panzer Grenadier was trash from an ASL player’s point of view. That’s when things took a turn for the better. With my curiosity peaked, I looked in to several games and got hooked. My first purchase was an amazingly cheap copy of Cassino. From there on, I have continued to acquire different games and supplements. For me, this is the best platoon level system I have ever encountered. The variety of games, scenarios and units is phenomenal. From my own military experience, leadership in an engagement plays a huge role, and PG takes that and meshes it in to the game very well. I enjoy the gameplay as well as reading and writing AARs. I also plan on writing articles from time to time. Being retired, I have plenty of time to game and study the battles and areas of operations a little more in depth. Looking forward to scratching my military itch more and more through PG.
11-18-2017, 01:16 PM,
(11-18-2017, 12:07 PM)Poor Yorek Wrote:
(08-08-2017, 10:28 AM)Poor Yorek Wrote: If I may be allowed a bit of (step)fatherly pride, I thought to post to say that PGHQ member TheDoctor recently graduated from US Army ROTC Advanced Camp (CST) with an Outstanding rating and an Expert qualification in the M4 carbine.  

But can he activate graduates in adjacent units? Big Grin

Congratulations!
...came for the cardboard, stayed for the camaraderie...
11-18-2017, 01:16 PM,
(11-18-2017, 01:00 PM)retiredgrunt17 Wrote: Well, I’m Scott Blanchett.  I retired from the Army (medical) in 2013.  I’m prior Navy, then law enforcement before I went to the Army in 2004.  I’m married to a wonderful wife who graciously indulges me in my hobby.  I have just a few game systems in my collection as I have some memory issues related to my deployments.  I originally started with hex and counter games again in 2016 when I acquired Panzer Blitz and Leader.  After finding the games lacking in depth, I went to try the Tactical Gamex ruleset to get leadership value.  That’s when I read a short blurb of how Panzer Grenadier was trash from an ASL player’s point of view.  That’s when things took a turn for the better.  With my curiosity peaked, I looked in to several games and got hooked.  My first purchase was an amazingly cheap copy of Cassino.  From there on, I have continued to acquire different games and supplements.  For me, this is the best platoon level system I have ever encountered.  The variety of games, scenarios and units is phenomenal.  From my own military experience, leadership in an engagement plays a huge role, and PG takes that and meshes it in to the game very well.  I enjoy the gameplay as well as reading and writing AARs.  I also plan on writing articles from time to time.  Being retired, I have plenty of time to game and study the battles and areas of operations a little more in depth.  Looking forward to scratching my military itch more and more through PG.

Welcome aboard. Your article will be up in a few minutes! Smile
...came for the cardboard, stayed for the camaraderie...
11-18-2017, 02:18 PM,
(11-18-2017, 01:16 PM)Shad Wrote:
(11-18-2017, 12:07 PM)Poor Yorek Wrote:

But can he activate graduates in adjacent units? Big Grin

Congratulations!

Congrats! More track for the road wheels!
11-18-2017, 02:36 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-18-2017, 02:39 PM by Poor Yorek.)
(11-18-2017, 01:16 PM)Shad Wrote: But can he activate graduates in adjacent units? Big Grin

Congratulations!

Ha! 

I'll tell you this, the little monster (at least as he was when younger and we played PG at home) NEVER failed morale checks.  It was uncanny.  That, and he'd flip the better leader at a rate that would appall a statistician.   Sad

PS Welcome aboard, RetiredGrunt!
11-18-2017, 02:59 PM,
(11-18-2017, 02:36 PM)Poor Yorek Wrote:
(11-18-2017, 01:16 PM)Shad Wrote: But can he activate graduates in adjacent units? Big Grin

Congratulations!

Ha! 

I'll tell you this, the little monster (at least as he was when younger and we played PG at home) NEVER failed morale checks.  It was uncanny.  That, and he'd flip the better leader at a rate that would appall a statistician.   Sad

PS Welcome aboard, RetiredGrunt!
Thankya!
11-19-2017, 02:18 AM,
Welcome retiredgrunt! I have to say I'm very much looking forward to being in that state myself.

Enjoy the games. Maybe you can hook up with someone to play via Vassal or face to face sometime.
11-19-2017, 02:52 AM,
(11-19-2017, 02:18 AM)richvalle Wrote: Welcome retiredgrunt! I have to say I'm very much looking forward to being in that state myself.

Enjoy the games. Maybe you can hook up with someone to play via Vassal or face to face sometime.

I actually don’t have a desktop computer, wife and I just use iPads. A FtF would always be a great thing.
11-19-2017, 03:11 AM,
Whereabouts are you at?