Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[SotM] 2012 August Sign-up Thread (closes July 28th)
07-22-2012, 01:19 PM,
[SotM] 2012 August Sign-up Thread (closes July 28th)
Shad's Note - apologies for the late start on sign-ups. I'm in the middle of changing employers. Blush

2012 August Scenario of the Month Sign-up

Q. What is scenario of the month?

Everyone involved plays the same scenario during one month. The goal is to encourage regular play, generate discussion, and just have a good time!

SotM Scenario Selection Process

After sign-ups close, the list of potential scenarios is generated from the following decision-tree, most important to least important:
  1. a scenario that is owned and playable by as large a part of the participants as possible
  2. a scenario that none of the participants have played before
  3. a scenario that has no prior plays in the PG-HQ database
  4. a scenario that has no prior AARs in the PG-HQ database
Should multiple scenarios fit all the criteria, I will create a poll to let the participants decide which one they want to play.

Note that there is a possibility that you will sign-up but the scenario chosen will not be in your collection. This is particularly true for players with small collections. I will do my best to find something that everyone who wants to play can play, but I also don't want to play Eastern Front scenarios every single month. Wink

Sign-up Deadline: July 28th

To sign-up just post in this thread "I'm in!" or something similar. Smile

See you on July 29th with our scenario list!!! Big Grin

Game Note - as Elsenborn Ridge was the game chosen for July, it will be excluded from the scenario pool for August play!
...came for the cardboard, stayed for the camaraderie...
07-22-2012, 08:48 PM,
RE: [SotM] 2012 August Sign-up Thread (closes July 28th)
Hopefully, this month I can have one that wasn't played.

What about some sort of follow up to the scenario of the month? Such as some stats, ie how many played? Results etc. Maybe there could be some way to flag any AAR's people write with a "scenario of the month" flag.
07-22-2012, 09:18 PM,
(07-22-2012, 08:48 PM)campsawyer Wrote: What about some sort of follow up to the scenario of the month? Such as some stats, ie how many played? Results etc. Maybe there could be some way to flag any AAR's people write with a "scenario of the month" flag.

I'll definitely tabulate results and do some mini-stats once the month is over.

I like the SotM flag idea. I should be able to work in a special highlight script for AARs according to scen/month data, that'll do it.
...came for the cardboard, stayed for the camaraderie...
07-22-2012, 09:56 PM,
Nice idea Alan,

Not much point to a SotM if there is no end report. I've given you a rep point on the strength of that :-)
07-22-2012, 10:00 PM,
Count me in
07-22-2012, 10:40 PM,
I'm in. I bet Daniel and I can play it.
No "minor" country left behind...
07-23-2012, 12:41 AM,
I'm in too.
07-23-2012, 05:05 AM,
Go Houston.

Can probably put down "The Doctor" as well (though as "his" collection is only two games, but he has access to "mine," perhaps best not to include his list in the database searching).
07-23-2012, 01:17 PM,
I am in again - the collection is slowly growing so I will not restrict the group to Elsenborn Ridge this time...Smile
07-23-2012, 03:16 PM,
Bug  RE: [SotM] 2012 August Sign-up Thread (closes July 28th)
I really enjoyed this months scenario... count me in again as well.