Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I found my Kursk order
10-03-2017, 07:52 AM,
I found my Kursk order
I was looking for the Romanian Soil PDFs on my computer, and ran across my original order for Kursk.  It was also when I first joined the Gold Club.

12/01/2008...almost 9 years ago.

Kursk was $60 for what turned out to be 2 complete games.
Road to Berlin was on the order for $55
And Bomb Alley (SWWaS) for $64.99.  Why didn't they all end in $0.99?  Who knows?

Apparently this was a "buy 2, get 1 free" deal, because there's a $55 discount on the order.

So, even with the Gold Club Membership ($30 then) and postage, I got what turned out to be 4 big games for $170.99.

I must have just been getting into APL stuff then.  This was the year I got divorced and I had done zero gaming during that time (well, a bit towards the end).  By the time I was becoming functional again, it was late in 2008.
10-03-2017, 09:46 PM,
RE: I found my Kursk order
Yeah but if you had invested that $60 9 years ago... Wink

I'm glad it finally came out, though. Remember the Kursk Klock we had on the main menu? Mike B. hated that. Big Grin
...came for the cardboard, stayed for the camaraderie...
10-03-2017, 10:40 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-03-2017, 10:48 PM by plloyd1010.)
Lightbulb  RE: I found my Kursk order
You could start a
Fall of Empires clock
Lawrence of Arabia clock
Road to Dunkirk clock
Fire on the Steppes clock
GD'44 clock

For that matter I still don't have my Spearhead copy (qualified back with Dunkirk & Steppes) or SOI.

APL/DC just reminded me, a Potato clock! [Image: biggrin.gif]
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
10-03-2017, 11:04 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-03-2017, 11:05 PM by Shad.)
The Infantry Attacks clock might as well be chiseled in stone at this point... Dodgy
...came for the cardboard, stayed for the camaraderie...
10-03-2017, 11:37 PM,
LoA is supposed to be less than 6 months away. What would it matter anyway, aren't we all supposed to be killed by a rouge planet this month?, Or was last month? I keep forgetting, it happens so often you know.
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
10-04-2017, 01:17 AM,
Well, I did get RtB and Bomb Alley pretty quickly. And Kursk eventually.

I do still have plenty of countdown clocks, and at least they are getting fulfilled, although never as quickly as I'd like.
12-20-2017, 09:38 AM,
I suspect between designs, and all the money invested in bringing all the sold out games back into stock, he can barely afford to print new. Notice 6 Pleasue Enhancements and two naval games were inserted into the production line ahead of all the early order titles. Still, if orders for existing titles DO take off, Avalanche could be flush by February.
12-20-2017, 11:34 AM,
> Notice 6 Pleasue Enhancements and two naval games were inserted into the production line ahead of all the early order titles <

The 2016 enhancements were to raise cash, Larry. Did he print them again with die-cut counters this time?

I just saw a Daily Content reprint of a Land Cruisers example of play I wrote over a year ago. I laughed when I saw the pictures because the Land Cruiser was a PnP counter I made and I remembered the dozen+ pictures I took for each image and selected the best one in each case. The pictures were taken with me standing on a chair to obtain a bird's view of the situations.

Next article I write (no ETA) will include images taken from the superb Vassal modules made by Andrew and Peter.
12-21-2017, 05:43 AM,
Yes...expanded versions of Land Cruisers, Prizes of War, Rise of the Dragon, River Fleets and a few others + the just announced Tropic of Capricorn consisting of a repurposed map from Cone of fire and those counters from that game necessary to play South American Navies with additional scenarios. These are all updated or expanded versions of the releases from 2016.
12-21-2017, 11:53 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-21-2017, 11:56 AM by JayTownsend.)
Yeah, when I went and checked, AP owes me a lot of games & product outstanding:

* Land Cruisers
* Lawrence of Arabia
* Road to Dunkirk
* Fire on the Steppe
* South Pacific
* Red Desert
* Die-cut counters for Pusan: Korean War
* Die-cut counters for Conquest of Ethiopia
* The new Maple Leaf Brigade book & die-cut counters
* The new La Campagne de Tunisie book & Die-cut counters
* And mostly likely some other Gold-Club Enhancements that go with the above.

It makes it hard for me to order more until AP catches up a bit?