Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DAR BB33, Once More Into the Funnel!
09-12-2017, 04:10 AM,
RE: DAR BB33, Once More Into the Funnel!
Yeah, that's not bad.

Or revel during movement when an OP gets within 1/3 hexes of a minefield?
09-12-2017, 04:16 AM,
If the OP is moving with the unit. Experiment see what happens. If it looks promising, try it in 2 more games. That is kind of our test profile.
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
09-12-2017, 05:01 AM,
Yeah well, I still need to get game 1 of OP style play going. Smile Working on it though.

Thanks.
09-19-2017, 07:42 AM,
DAR BB33, Cold morning of steel rain
In this session we only covered 9 (very violent) turns. Starting just before the crack of dawn, the wayward American HMG scampers back into town. My panthers continue to blast away at George and friends on the south corner of the funnel. Grenadiers and HMGs form up 2 hexes from town to make another rush at first light. The idea is to get as many units in town before the American artillery. Then there is the case of the M18 and antitank guns bracketing the panthers.

In morning twilight (visibility 2), prep fire is ineffective, but I charge the corner anyway. The infantry does manage to close and move along the river with out much disruption. My artillery fire on an AT gun fails to impress it. American artillery fire is directed at my mortars, one destroyed, the other is fine (rather uninspiring captain dies with the first mortar). The stage is as set as it can be.

The assaults begin. It is bad for George. Charlie (in the other corner) dies in a hail of bullets, along with a platoon of glidermen. The M18 abandons position as soon as it is seen. It runs into town to take a shot at my panther in the assault hex. One panther joins an assault against Hank's hex, while the last runs up the side of the river to get the M18.

Things don't work out so well in the next turn. I lose initiative. Thus allows 2 infantry platoons to jump my panther. The tanks hold their own against the assault, but are engaged by the AT guns, then blown away by the M18. I knew it was risky when I tried it.

On the other side of town I have managed to break in. The trouble is that the assault hexes have become an impediment. It looks to be a long day. I have an idea though.
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking