Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Leader attack bonus during op fire
09-07-2017, 02:46 AM,
Leader attack bonus during op fire
When a stack with a +1/2 combat leader fires op fire the leader can add his bonus. Can he do so for each op fire up to 2?

I ruled he can. 
09-07-2017, 02:56 AM,
RE: Leader attack bonus during op fire
Yup, he can add his bonus to both shots, so long as he is not directing mortars.
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
09-07-2017, 02:59 AM,
Is it limited to 2? Say there are 3 inf stacked with him for a potential of 6 op fire shots.

I'd be inclined to limit his bonus to 2 but I'm unsure.
09-07-2017, 03:01 AM,
A leader may only add his bonus to 1 unit per fire. I would expect he can only participate in 2 op-fires.
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
09-07-2017, 03:11 AM,
Right. Each unit he's stacked with can op fire twice so 6 in total if they don't combine fire.

I'd expect he can only do 2 as well though I don't think it says that anywhere.

Thanks.
09-07-2017, 06:20 AM,
Rainbow  RE: Leader attack bonus during op fire
Multiple units may perform Opportunity Fire attacks in any order desired. Opportunity Fires are designated one at a time, allowing a player to see how one turns out before performing another.

==

I highlighted the key sentence. If you have three units and a leader in a stack, shooting with one unit and the leader in one attack would mark both as having conducted Opportunity Fire.  You can make further Opportunity Fire with units in the hex that have yet to fire on the enemy unit before it leaves  the hex but this (or those if you make two more Opportunity Fire with one unit at a time) are distinct Opportunity Fire and not part of the first.

Note that the leader may or may not add their fire value to a second Opportunity Fire against the same enemy unit before it leaves its hex depending how you interpreted the highlighted sentence in 13.21.

I personally allow it because I read the rules as written (RaW) and would have expected ".. by the same enemy unit or leader in 13.21 if it was not allowed.  I concede it's not crystal clear. 

In a given action segment, a moving unit may only be attacked once in a particular hex by the same enemy unit. Multiple units may fire at the moving unit when it undertakes a move action (1.2), but each unit that could fire twice at the moving unit may not fire at it a second time unless and until it enters a new hex or takes a new move action within a hex. If it doesn't enter a new hex or take a new move action then they may take their second Opportunity Fire at another enemy unit that moves within range.
09-07-2017, 08:25 AM,
I think it's only 2 because a leader has to activate to add hos modifier, and he'd get 2 Moved/Fire markers just like the firing unit.