Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DAR BB33, Once More Into the Funnel!
09-08-2017, 02:07 AM,
RE: DAR BB33, Once More Into the Funnel!
(09-08-2017, 01:19 AM)richvalle Wrote: Integral Leaders - what determines who has them? Units like Guards I'm guessing?
This rule was directed at recon units and armor units without tank leaders. It gives units the ability to make a Combat move, but an Assault move (there is a distinction). Recon units are always semi-dependent anyway. Leaderless tanks have too many deficits for what we considered to be a reasonably historical outcome (keep in mind they almost always lack armor/gunnery efficiency). We let them keep maneuvering in small groups. Remember that small pockets of tanks running around will increase your FoW problems too.

(09-08-2017, 01:19 AM)richvalle Wrote: 5.6.2+ Transporting weapons. I already have to re look these up every time I want to use them. It looks like you made it a bit easier to limber/unlimber/ move morts and guns?
Yes we did. The rehook/repack problem really bugged us. It made very little sense to us. A limbered weapon is basically a personnel unit that cannot move. Most of us have hooked up trailers, when the thing is ready to go, it's ready to go. Largely supported by historical accounts of 'bug outs' by artillery units. Mortars are mostly point the baseplate and stick on the tube, and you don't even need to break most of them down to get into a truck.

(09-08-2017, 01:19 AM)richvalle Wrote: AFV's with one man turrets. Do you just know what units these are or do you have a list?
I know which units these are. I can make a list. Generally most French built tanks before the AMC35 & Souma 35, Soviet light tanks (T-37, T-60 & T-70), Pz I and a few others.

(09-08-2017, 01:19 AM)richvalle Wrote: 8.3.4 an example there would be nice.
I'll make one up and put it over in the thread. I 'll put a link here too.

(09-08-2017, 01:19 AM)richvalle Wrote: 11.2 Efficient AT guns... whoah. I've always wondered why they were not. That adds some punch to them.
Yeah, us too. There are may accounts and doctrinal references as to how just a few AT guns can be quite a lot of tanks, von Thoma's report especially. Other accounts reference how difficult operations in a turret could be. AA gun were included simply because they pump out a lot of rounds, very fast.

(09-08-2017, 01:19 AM)richvalle Wrote: 16.2.2 Vehicles seeking cover. Does that only take one AS and if they fail can they keep trying next AS?
They can keep trying every AS they get. The expectation is that they would achieve 'Dug In' status in about 2 turns. Digging in a tank actually takes a long time. Since clear doesn't mean featureless (in the real world), they can look for mounds, small depressions, and maybe do a little bit of position improvement.
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking

Messages In This Thread
RE: DAR BB33, Once More Into the Funnel! - by J6A - 09-07-2017, 12:15 AM
RE: DAR BB33, Once More Into the Funnel! - by plloyd1010 - 09-08-2017, 02:07 AM
RE: DAR BB33, Once More Into the Funnel! - by J6A - 09-12-2017, 03:48 AM