Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Rules] Moral & demoralized assaul modifiers
09-06-2017, 02:09 AM,
Moral & demoralized assaul modifiers
This is more of a consensus question now, since we have decided quite a while back. Here it is anyway. Imagine both sides have the same morale rating, say 8/7. Full strength units engaged in assault combat. All of side 1's units are demoralized, hence functional morale of 7. When side 2 attacks, does the column modifier for having better morale than all enemy units apply?

We play that it does (+1 for better morale, +1 for all enemy units demoralized). This situation also has a serious possibility of coming up in our next session.
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
09-06-2017, 03:52 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-06-2017, 03:54 AM by Poor Yorek.)
RE: Moral & demoralized assaul modifiers
(09-06-2017, 02:09 AM)plloyd1010 Wrote: This is more of a consensus question now, since we have decided quite a while back. Here it is anyway. Imagine both sides have the same morale rating, say 8/7. Full strength units engaged in assault combat. All of side 1's units are demoralized, hence functional morale of 7. When side 2 attacks, does the column modifier for having better morale than all enemy units apply?

We play that it does (+1 for better morale, +1 for all enemy units demoralized). This situation also has a serious possibility of coming up in our next session.

Good to go, Houston (assuming all of Side 2's units are undemoralized as well as full-strength).
09-06-2017, 04:14 AM,
^  PS

I suppose my parenthesis was unnecessary given that DEM units cannot attack in an assault in any case.  
09-06-2017, 05:22 AM,
You've been playing it correctly.

14.3 Demoralization
A demoralized unit or leader:
Has its morale reduced by one.
09-06-2017, 06:02 AM,
Yep, we play it that way as well.

I've not seen it... but I suppose it's possible for a high moral side (like the units in the Arctic Front) vs a low moral side (like some poor Russians freezing their butts off on the Arctic Front) could be dem and still have the same or better moral then their opponents.

Is this possible? I've not actually looked though AF though I heard they were high moral guys.
09-06-2017, 06:31 AM,
Yes. it's definitely possible for the morale of a reduced strength, demoralized unit to be equal or higher to the morale of a full strength, good order enemy unit. Arctic Front Deluxe, The Kokoda Campaign, Conquest of Ethiopia, Hopeless But Not Serious, and the Korean War games may include such scenarios.
09-07-2017, 01:39 PM,
Not to mention the Ecuadorans.
No "minor" country left behind...