Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Eliminating Entrenchments"
08-30-2017, 01:24 PM,
"Eliminating Entrenchments"
Good Evening All;

This is more of a Scenario Victory Condition Question rather than a rules explanation question.

Afrika Korps / Scenario 3 / Bardia Breakin.

"The Australian Player wins if at the end of play all Italian Entrenchments have been eliminated..."

Can someone please let me know the procedure for eliminating an entrenchment?

The TEC and the scenario book cover the method for removing Anti Tank Ditches - but I cannot seem to find mention of entrenchment elimination.

Thank You!
"...I Spent Half My Money on Wargames - Women and Whiskey - The Other Half I Wasted..."
08-30-2017, 09:06 PM,
RE: "Eliminating Entrenchments"
A part from the use of Goliath demolition tanks, I don't know of any provision for eliminating entrenchments. I suspect it is a misprint. Change the word "eliminated" to "controlled", and the victory conditions will make more sense.
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
08-31-2017, 12:35 AM,
One can view an Italian entrenchment as having been eliminated when it becomes an Australian one by control (as per previous post).  
08-31-2017, 12:41 AM,
Unless there is a scenario special rule, entrenchments are never eliminated, they just trade possession from one side to another.
08-31-2017, 01:10 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-31-2017, 01:11 AM by Poor Yorek.)
I think the point is that the word "elimination," as far as an entrenchment is concerned regarding the OP's question, is to be interpreted in game play as change of (or loss of ) possession rather than "removed from play."