Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The New PG book
07-21-2012, 08:02 AM,
RE: The New PG book
That gives us 3 titles and 52 scenarios and one campaign game for the Aftermath WarSmile
07-21-2012, 02:40 PM,
i get confused about the priorities in the PG series. there are so many aspects of the war not covered. but i guess modules like this sell quite well.
07-21-2012, 11:57 PM,
Part of the problem is research. Dr. B. has emphasized his desire to see Geschichte als Geschah (history as it happened) in PG scenarios, with actual order of battles reflected and battlefields resembling the historical arenas. He doesn't like "typical" engagement style scenarios (though these work better in alt history stuff). He is limited to his area of specialty (central and eastern European nations) and has leaned heavily on European designers to flesh out other areas where their language fluency is critical. Hence we have excellent French oriented France 40 and CSIR modules. We need Greek, Chinese, Australian, and Japanese designers with history backgrounds.
07-22-2012, 01:47 AM,
Don't worry guys, there is a historical PG WWII game with Japanese in the works! But that is all I can say for now.
07-22-2012, 06:22 AM,
Careful, the good doctor has a taser and knows how to use it.
07-22-2012, 01:14 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-22-2012, 01:14 PM by Shad.)
Has the GCI told you blabbermouths when IC : PN will be released?
...came for the cardboard, stayed for the camaraderie...
07-22-2012, 05:06 PM,
No!
07-23-2012, 11:37 PM,
(07-22-2012, 01:14 PM)Shad Wrote: Has the GCI told you blabbermouths when IC : PN will be released?

Not available at Gold Club Insider level..the information is only give to Diamond Club Insider members. For $1,600 per year, 1,000 Pounds Sterling for Vince and his ftf buddies, they get even more exclusive info, a 100% discount on new merchandise (still have to pay shipping) and $300 in free merchandise a year.

{The above paragraph was a joke friends, please don't flood Mike with $1,500 subscription fees}

Seriously, not day of release has been mentioned. Dr. B. is dependent on his laser printing subcontractor, and that subcontractor has been somewhat erratic in production frequency, besides limited in production quantity. It is remarkable that Patton's nightmare went from Gold Club discount status to imminent release public pre-order status in just a couple of days.
07-24-2012, 02:23 AM,
It is remarkable that Patton's nightmare went from Gold Club discount status to imminent release public pre-order status in just a couple of days.

Not really, been work on for a while.
07-24-2012, 08:32 AM,
I'll almost certainly order this one. I'm kind of annoyed about duplicate counters, however the price is right, and what the hey, I can give the extras to my cats.

Now if only the stuff I ordered last week shows up before I head out on vacation...