Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Assault Craziness: Daniel & Matt should be happy
08-04-2017, 11:09 AM,
Assault Craziness: Daniel & Matt should be happy
In a recent scenario, using 4th Ed rules, I had a woods hex assault between a DIS/RED Romanian Tank (a PzIVH in effect) on the 3 col vs. a combined arms SOV (LDR+2xSMG+M4/76) that all told was on the 30+ col (higher morale too 8 vs 6).  

So, perhaps as no surprise given that I'm writing a thread about it, the SOVs roll a 7; the ROM a 2 (yes, snake-eyes).  So the SOV lose a step; end up DEM/DIS and thoroughly disgusted.  As the SOV only have 3xSMG in the scenario, this was a huge result allowing the ROM time to get a 5/6 roll for their 2xINF (can't recall the ROM designation at the moment) to get on-board.  

Anyway, I gather that Matt & Daniel like the somewhat more lethal low-end of the ASSAULT table so I thought that they would appreciate this one.
08-04-2017, 12:00 PM,
RE: Assault Craziness: Daniel & Matt should be happy
Thanks PY!

It is ever so much more exciting to have it be from Romania Mare!
No "minor" country left behind...
08-04-2017, 12:01 PM,
Oh the Romanian infantry is VAN (for Vanriki, if memory serves)
No "minor" country left behind...
08-05-2017, 02:03 AM,
(08-04-2017, 12:00 PM)Matt W Wrote: Thanks PY!

It is ever so much more exciting to have it be from Romania Mare!

I tried to rationalize it by figuring that the two tanks left in that RED platoon must have: (i) burned out their gun tubes firing HE that (ii) knocked down a large tree that, in turn, knocked down other trees all of which landed on the two encroaching SMG platoons and on the M4/76's.  

The Romanians were so euphoric that they ignored the shells whizzing by (i.e. made their M2 check).