Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
13 new boxed PG titles
07-28-2017, 12:21 AM,
13 new boxed PG titles
Were sketched out in today's GC Insider.
07-28-2017, 12:23 AM,
RE: 13 new boxed PG titles
I've probably got one already.
07-28-2017, 12:44 AM,
Is Nomonhan the same Nomonhan we were talking about back in the 1st edition days? Tongue
07-28-2017, 01:00 AM,
That it is!

And it's not like all 13 are coming this year. It's going to take some time. Honestly, with the amount of stuff I have now, 1-2 releases a year would be nice. Probably not for APL's bottom line, and for me wallet. Smile
07-28-2017, 09:37 AM,
I honestly feel like I'm at max capacity for PG games right now. I have so many boxes and books... I'm making a concerned effort to play each one at LEAST once and I have a ways to go. My PG partner has no interests in some of them (British in Europe and the Arctic Circle one) so it's going to be a challenge.
07-28-2017, 09:43 AM,
(07-28-2017, 09:37 AM)richvalle Wrote: I honestly feel like I'm at max capacity for PG games right now. I have so many boxes and books... I'm making a concerned effort to play each one at LEAST once and I have a ways to go. My PG partner has no interests in some of them (British in Europe and the Arctic Circle one) so it's going to be a challenge.

The best argument for AP enthusiastically (as opposed to grudgingly) embracing VASSAL that I have ever seen! Big Grin

Can one of you GC folks divulge whether or not these new titles introduce new nations? That's what appeals to me most.
...came for the cardboard, stayed for the camaraderie...
07-28-2017, 12:29 PM,
I think the only new countries will be Greece/Crete and the Phillipines.
No "minor" country left behind...
07-28-2017, 11:36 PM,
(07-28-2017, 09:43 AM)Shad Wrote:
(07-28-2017, 09:37 AM)richvalle Wrote: I honestly feel like I'm at max capacity for PG games right now. I have so many boxes and books... I'm making a concerned effort to play each one at LEAST once and I have a ways to go. My PG partner has no interests in some of them (British in Europe and the Arctic Circle one) so it's going to be a challenge.

The best argument for AP enthusiastically (as opposed to grudgingly) embracing VASSAL that I have ever seen! Big Grin

Can one of you GC folks divulge whether or not these new titles introduce new nations? That's what appeals to me most.

If Dr. M has an issue with Vassal, why doesn't he just sponsor his own dedicated platform for PG gaming, sort of like Memoir 44 did. He could sell yearly memberships or make it a Gold Club perk, and then maybe charge a small fee (if avarice reared its ugly head) for each gaming session. Alternatively, he could provide access only through physical purchase of the game using a dedicated code system. Just seems crazy not to take advantage of technology to expand the audience. Around here, if you don't do SF stuff, don't bother hitting the FLGS, so Vassal is the only option to play.
07-29-2017, 02:20 AM,
As Matt has said, we need the war on the Asian Mainland. We have some Mongolians and the IJA for that theater during WW2. There were 2 different Nationalist armies, and at least 4 different puppet states carved out of the "China Incident". And many, many campaigns 1937-1945 that were far larger than Operation Bagration and deserve boxed game presentation.
07-29-2017, 02:46 AM,
Oh, BTW China does make an appearance in the Korean War game that is upcoming.
No "minor" country left behind...