Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Russian Army leaders and Guards units
08-01-2017, 11:22 PM,
RE: Russian Army leaders and Guards units
Oh, Rich, I'd like to see this scenario. I guess I can preview it in the database.
08-02-2017, 12:39 AM,
(07-28-2017, 11:38 AM)mike perryman Wrote:    Rich,
      Your interpretation is correct, Guards leaders can direct both Guard and Army units. Army leaders may only direct Army units. If the rule is not in there in should be. Thanks, Mike 

So the same would apply to Kommissars? Not at home to check on Guards vs. Army Kommissars - the question just occurred.  

I could see a Guards sergeant laughing at an Army Kommissar holding a pistol directing the former back to the front.  "Your proletariat bullets mean nothing to a New Soviet Man."
08-02-2017, 10:49 PM,
(08-02-2017, 12:39 AM)Poor Yorek Wrote:
      Your interpretation is correct, Guards leaders can direct both Guard and Army units. Army leaders may only direct Army units. If the rule is not in there in should be. Thanks, Mike 

So the same would apply to Kommissars? Not at home to check on Guards vs. Army Kommissars - the question just occurred.  

I could see a Guards sergeant laughing at an Army Kommissar holding a pistol directing the former back to the front.  "Your proletariat bullets mean nothing to a New Soviet Man."

I never did look though my books to find where this rule came from. I don't see it in the 3.0 or 4.0 rules. 

I'd say a Kommissar is higher then Guards and can effect them. 

Are there even any Guards Koms? 
08-02-2017, 11:42 PM,
(08-01-2017, 11:22 PM)t1M0t8yk Wrote: Oh, Rich, I'd like to see this scenario.  I guess I can preview it in the database.

Lets see if this works...

That is my setup, trying to protect the towns. He has troops coming in at the bottom of the map on the right, at the top of the map on the right and SS units at the bottom of the map on the left. 

I get reinforcements at the top of the map in the middle. 

I setup that line of guys in the trees because I was afraid he would move onto the map at the bottom and make a sharp turn and cut though the trees to go attack the town on the left side map with the SS units there. This way he was funneled into attacking the towns on the other maps. 

https://goo.gl/photos/GUXAEiG7VCxSHjs96

Let me know if that link doesn't work. 
08-03-2017, 03:46 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-03-2017, 03:48 AM by Poor Yorek.)
(08-02-2017, 10:49 PM)richvalle Wrote:
(08-02-2017, 12:39 AM)Poor Yorek Wrote:

I never did look though my books to find where this rule came from. I don't see it in the 3.0 or 4.0 rules. 

I'd say a Kommissar is higher then Guards and can effect them. 

Are there even any Guards Koms? 

I believe that there are: they show up in the units list under Guards (perhaps in KBT or BAX).  How many scenarios are involved that have both Guards and RKKA and KOMs to which this question applies is unknown (there are a few with SMG tank riders who are Guards supporting RKKA infantry).  The thought just occurred to me given the thread topic.  
08-03-2017, 04:11 AM,
It applies to the game I'm playing now in fact. I have one RKKA Kom running around rallying demoralized troops "or else'. The question of him doing so to Guards units hasn't come up yet. I'll have to bounce that one off my opponent.
08-03-2017, 11:58 AM,
There are Guards KOM.
No "minor" country left behind...
08-03-2017, 12:04 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-03-2017, 12:06 PM by Poor Yorek.)
FOUND IT!

Broken Axis, Special Rules #11:  " ... nor may Soviet Guards and RKKA leaders affect each other's units ..."  (save for transports)

n.b. this is not quite the same thing as Mike Perryman's earlier comment.
08-03-2017, 12:49 PM,
Nice!
...came for the cardboard, stayed for the camaraderie...
08-03-2017, 10:16 PM,
(08-03-2017, 12:04 PM)Poor Yorek Wrote: FOUND IT!

Broken Axis, Special Rules #11:  " ... nor may Soviet Guards and RKKA leaders affect each other's units ..."  (save for transports)

n.b. this is not quite the same thing as Mike Perryman's earlier comment.

Nice find!

I thought the rule was Guards can effect RKKA but not the other way around.