Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tedious Play - Kicking Down the Door
08-02-2017, 04:43 AM,
RE: Tedious Play - Kicking Down the Door
(08-02-2017, 12:25 AM)J6A Wrote: When was "Kicking Down the Door" published?  Was it in the days before adequate development?

One of the reasons I asked about the drumfire (and I still haven't played with the rule) is that it gives a benefit for a longer bombardment and might mitigate some of that "roll a 7, pass the morale check" issue.  I've always chuckled a bit at scenarios where one side gets a 1x8 OBA.  I always think "Oh, that's really going to terrify people."  Until artillery really gets massed (and the Soviets are good at that late in the war), it's always been difficult for it to have devastating effects.

It is from Patton's Nightmare, published in 2012.  John Stafford designed the module.   But it was before Drum Fire rules came out I think.  They were first in Infantry Attacks, right?

Drum Fire might work in this situation but the US forces are pressed to get across as quick as they can to be able to build up forces to meet the massive amount of Soviet reinforcements.

I have yet to use Drum Fire, but in the next one I play that has stout defenses I may try it.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Tedious Play - Kicking Down the Door - by J6A - 07-25-2017, 07:30 AM
RE: Tedious Play - Kicking Down the Door - by J6A - 07-27-2017, 03:22 AM
RE: Tedious Play - Kicking Down the Door - by J6A - 08-02-2017, 12:25 AM
RE: Tedious Play - Kicking Down the Door - by Blackcloud6 - 08-02-2017, 04:43 AM