Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tedious Play - Kicking Down the Door
07-25-2017, 06:25 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-25-2017, 06:29 AM by Blackcloud6.)
Sad  Tedious Play - Kicking Down the Door
I just got done with Patton's Nightmare #2, Kicking Down the Door.

Ugh, it turned into a dice fest and showed why I have a love-hate relationship with PG.  I find that a deliberate attack against a prepared defense scenario to tun into a dice-fest and a lot of what happens is determined by luck.  i think this is for two reasons.  The combat tables are difficult to get enough results on to break a defense and then units with 8 morale can easily rally  so the defender just sits there, take a beating,then activates and rallies.   I've seen this over and over in this games system and it is disheartening.  

I see the tedious play whenever you have to assault towns as well as fixed defense so a lot of PG devolves into constant dice rolling with little action.

I took a long break from the system and came back trying to to make something of it.  It has a lot of nice modules, scenarios and forces but gosh the play can be dreadful.

I'm sad to say, even though I've bought most of PG, I may seriously think of getting out of it.  There's only so much time...

So, any suggestions on how to make this game system fun and not be a tedious dice rolling exercise?   Sad Sad

Messages In This Thread
Tedious Play - Kicking Down the Door - by Blackcloud6 - 07-25-2017, 06:25 AM
RE: Tedious Play - Kicking Down the Door - by J6A - 07-25-2017, 07:30 AM
RE: Tedious Play - Kicking Down the Door - by J6A - 07-27-2017, 03:22 AM
RE: Tedious Play - Kicking Down the Door - by J6A - 08-02-2017, 12:25 AM