Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone interested in "Triple Blind" PG via VASSAL?
07-11-2017, 04:53 AM,
RE: Anyone interested in "Triple Blind" PG via VASSAL?
(07-10-2017, 01:57 PM)Shad Wrote: Why not just make use of VASSAL's "hidden" function for units? Seems a lot less trouble than encrypting doc files.

Didn't know VASSAL had that feature, but will have to look into it. Blush However, making the doc and a paper copy of the map helps me keep track of where units are when I have the unseens. Also reminds me to do the possible reveal die rolls when an opponent gets into the LOS. Password protection is piece of cake in Word
07-11-2017, 11:59 AM,
It's really nice. Hide/Unhide becomes a right-click option, and when hidden the unit's opacity is slightly reduced for you and they are invisible for the opponent. It's perfect for refereed play because the judge can still see everything.
...came for the cardboard, stayed for the camaraderie...
07-11-2017, 12:44 PM,
(07-11-2017, 11:59 AM)Shad Wrote: It's really nice. Hide/Unhide becomes a right-click option, and when hidden the unit's opacity is slightly reduced for you and they are invisible for the opponent. It's perfect for refereed play because the judge can still see everything.
That is pretty neat. The only issue would be situations where one has hidden movement; with the encrypted file, movement can be tracked and verified once the unit is discovered. Funny how one can use VASSAL for years and never notice things like that. Undecided
07-11-2017, 01:05 PM,
(07-11-2017, 12:44 PM)Schoenwulf Wrote: That is pretty neat. The only issue would be situations where one has hidden movement; with the encrypted file, movement can be tracked and verified once the unit is discovered.

If you keep a logfile recording while you play, all the counter movement hidden or otherwise will be recorded. So you could verify tracks after the fact if necessary.
...came for the cardboard, stayed for the camaraderie...