Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
False Start.. missing scenarios
07-05-2017, 05:57 AM,
False Start.. missing scenarios
Hi all,

I am a complete newcomer to this game system, having ditched fantasy based miniature tabletop games for something more 'gentlemanly'. Having checked this site out i decided to pick up An Army at Dawn (not directly from Avalanche) to start playing and learning, but to my dismay have purchased a sealed copy of the game which is actually missing the scenarios information. Can I ask is this meant to be in a booklet included with the boxed game? At this point I am a little bit at a loss and am raring to try this out (and then subsequently get addicted), if anyone has a link to this scenario information online or is aware of any source from which I can garner this scenario information i would be very grateful, thanks in advance to any kind folks who might be able to help me out, cheers. 
Mat
07-05-2017, 08:45 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-05-2017, 08:47 AM by JayTownsend.)
RE: False Start.. missing scenarios
Avalanche Press should mail you a scenario book copy. Hopefully another gamer can scan one for you but I cannot. Yeah that is a very important component to be missing!Sad

Also whoever you bought it from might help?
07-05-2017, 10:33 AM,
Sorry to hear that, Mat. You must be terribly frustrated!

Scenario books are only available from Avalanche Press directly. If they were publicly posted people could play PG without buying the game. If you get in touch with them (use email) and send some pictures of your purchase I'm sure they'll send you a book.

In the meantime, maybe one of our AAAD owners could scan and send Mat one or two scenarios to keep him busy while he waits for that book? I don't think it would do much harm.
...came for the cardboard, stayed for the camaraderie...
07-05-2017, 11:16 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-05-2017, 11:18 PM by plloyd1010.)
Hi Mat. I think Larry had a similar problem with Burning Tigers a while back. The way we resolved it was that he took a selfie with his game, then I sent him a scan of the scenario book. Since the arrangement was done in the open, we presumed parties who might have taken issue were not offended. That is the last option route.

First try contacting APL. The best way to get hold of them is at Consim World. There is a Panzer Grenadier forum page, and an Avalanche Press forum page. You will probably get the fastest response on the Avalanche Press forum. Both however seem to be pretty quick.

In the meantime, I'll PM a couple scenarios over to get you started. What sort of match-ups would you be interested in?
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
07-06-2017, 04:25 AM,
Thanks all for the speedy responses, it is of course quite a frustrating situation. I hadn't considered the more nefarious potential reason for posting such a query so I have hopefully attached an image to show that I own the boxed set. I have contacted customer services over at Avalanche and will eagerly await a (hopefully positive) reply. I will, on your suggestion, also try the press forum to see if that proves successful.

If indeed it would be possible for someone to kindly copy and send across even a very small number of scenarios, as you say 'to get started', that would be wonderful and I would be extremely grateful. I am keen to try this system out as from the outside looking in it seems very interesting and hopefully very enjoyable. 

To the kind poster suggesting you might be able to send something across, with myself being a complete newbie i would be completely happy to be guided by yourself as to your opinion on which scenario might be suitable for a newcomer (I can only guess that one with a lower counter number would provide an easier learning scenario?).

Thanks again for your positive response and thanks in advance to anyone able to throw this dog a bone, 

Mat

Attached Files Image(s)

07-06-2017, 05:36 AM,
(07-05-2017, 10:33 AM)Shad Wrote: Sorry to hear that, Mat. You must be terribly frustrated!

Scenario books are only available from Avalanche Press directly. If they were publicly posted people could play PG without buying the game. If you get in touch with them (use email) and send some pictures of your purchase I'm sure they'll send you a book.

In the meantime, maybe one of our AAAD owners could scan and send Mat one or two scenarios to keep him busy while he waits for that book? I don't think it would do much harm.
 He'll also need the "Special Rules" from the front of the Scenario Monograph.
07-06-2017, 06:21 PM,
My "An Army at Dawn" maps look more greyish... 
07-07-2017, 12:32 AM,
Mine too. I suspect AvP prints maps is relatively small quantities (I thought Mike mentioned a few years ago they were printed locally) so color variations are to be expected between batches.

Or maybe it's not the issue. From the picture above, it looks like the colors are close to what were used in Conquest of Ethiopia. Maybe the artist changed the AaD palette to get the same effect.
07-07-2017, 01:12 AM,
Got him stuff to start with. Now to see if APL covers the rest of it.
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
07-07-2017, 06:31 AM,
Thanks to all responding and especially plloyd1010 for helping get me started whilst i await a response from Avalanche and the distributor from whom I purchased from. Will update hopefully soon with positive news. Its nice to start out on a new system knowing there are decent people out there willing to help out a novice, so thank you. 

Mat