Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Losing a step on failed recovery?
06-26-2017, 11:45 PM,
Losing a step on failed recovery?
So, for those who are on Facebook and are unaware, there is a specific group there for Panzer Grenadier, founded by Dave "More Customization Needed" Davieau.  If you're interested, let me or him know.  I don't know that I can admit people to the group, and I can pass it on to Dave.

Anyway, Dave is currently playing Modern (which has me wanting to play it now, too) and pointed out that the rules there say that if you fail to recover from demoralization, you lose a step.  I hand't realized that.  It seems pretty harsh.

Does anyone know the rationale for this rule?
06-26-2017, 11:53 PM,
RE: Losing a step on failed recovery?
Not me. You may want to write John Stafford and see if he will respond.
06-27-2017, 06:50 AM,
(06-26-2017, 11:45 PM)J6A Wrote: So, for those who are on Facebook and are unaware, there is a specific group there for Panzer Grenadier, founded by Dave "More Customization Needed" Davieau.  If you're interested, let me or him know.  I don't know that I can admit people to the group, and I can pass it on to Dave.

Anyway, Dave is currently playing Modern (which has me wanting to play it now, too) and pointed out that the rules there say that if you fail to recover from demoralization, you lose a step.  I hand't realized that.  It seems pretty harsh.

Does anyone know the rationale for this rule?

Actually, not a bad rule, it shows further erosion of a unit due loss of morale,, severe wounds, loss of key leaders.   It also makes units have a chance of not just bouncing back to being top notch after taking a butt-kicking.

Oh,m and ask if I can join the site on FB, I may try to get back into PG as I have not played it for awhile.
06-27-2017, 07:57 AM,
I hadn't realized the modern world was filled with subpar commissars ...
06-27-2017, 01:05 PM,
Fred - I added you (apparently any member has that power).

I've missed your PG replays. IIRC, you did one modern PG scenario at some point.
08-11-2017, 02:12 PM,
Hi guys, my site is at

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1423902961006580

I'll let anyone in, just be polite...

DxD
08-11-2017, 10:57 PM,
I'm enjoying the photo plays. Living vicariously through you guys when I can't make time for a game myself. Smile
"Kill them all, let God sort them out."