Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I am officially a nutter
06-25-2017, 03:18 AM,
RE: I am officially a nutter
Well it seems im not that unusual after all Big Grin 
06-25-2017, 08:26 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-25-2017, 08:26 AM by rerathbun.)
(06-25-2017, 02:52 AM)Coniglius Wrote: Edelweiss IV (not sure what happened to III)

Edelweiss Expanded is actually Edelweiss III.  As the note in the intro section to Edelweiss Expanded says,

Quote:Note: This is actually the 3rd edition of Edelweiss. There is no Library entry for the 2nd edition because it has the 74 die-cut counters from 1st edition and the same scenario book as 3rd edition.

Ask and it shall be answered . . . Big Grin
06-25-2017, 10:16 AM,
Help a Noob....

Nutter?

Definition?
"...I Spent Half My Money on Wargames - Women and Whiskey - The Other Half I Wasted..."
06-25-2017, 11:50 AM,
Nutter means crazy if you're from a country that speaks English rather than American. Smile

Coniglius, do you have similarly large collections of other wargames?
...came for the cardboard, stayed for the camaraderie...
06-25-2017, 11:56 AM,
(06-25-2017, 11:50 AM)Shad Wrote: Nutter means crazy if you're from a country that speaks English rather than American. Smile

Or Americans who have picked up too many Britishisms from the internet Sad
06-26-2017, 05:03 AM,
(06-25-2017, 11:50 AM)Shad Wrote: Nutter means crazy if you're from a country that speaks English rather than American. Smile

I have nearly complete collections of the Europa Series (missing the Urals module from the original GDW production run). I've got a couple titles from the follow on GRD production, but only titles that specifically interest me (The Damned Die Hard - Phillipines module; and For Whom the Bell Tolls - Spanish Civil War module.  I'd like to pick up the War of Resistance module (China 1937-1941) and that will do it for me for Europa.

For Squad Leader and ASL. I have everything Squad Leader, and all of the AH produced ASL modules. I have several of the MMP produced ASL modules, and again, certain titles that interest me from Critical Hit, such as Genesis 48, Dien Bien Phu. and a couple others. 

Non WW2, I collect the La Bataille series of Napoleonic grand tactical games. I am missing just a couple of the oldest titles from when Marshall Enterprises produced them in baggies. Also from AH, I have most of the GCACW titles... just missing the latest ones produced by MMP, again. 

I've traded away or sold many older AH and VG titles in the past few years.  I have a handful of GMT games,  GDW, and Yaquinto titles that I enjoy. Much of what I've parted with of late, I let go because I had just played them to death and once you come to learn what works and what doesn't in a particular game, they tend to get predictable. When I reach that point, I pass them on to someone who will enjoy them as much as I did.

I do a LOT of contract painting, which is what funds my boardgame addiction. I don't play much miniatures anymore, and I've sold off entire armies and entire periods of armies over the past 10 years as a result. As much as i enjoyed miniature wargaming, you really can't solo effectively. I can play a boardgame with a remote partner (Skype, VAssal, email, etc.)... much harder to do with miniatures.
06-26-2017, 11:46 PM,
(06-25-2017, 11:56 AM)triangular_cube Wrote:

Or Americans who have picked up too many Britishisms from the internet Sad

From Tim Porter, who goes by "Oi_you_nutter."
06-26-2017, 11:58 PM,
I own probably about 85% or more of the published PG products, and virtually all of the new stuff. I made a conscious decision to not go after some older, superseded products. I mean, I have so many thousands of scenarios and I'll never play them all, so why add obsolete stuff to it. Even my OCD isn't that strong.

The only other place where I've really gone after the entire series is Combat Commander and Great Battles of History. I was with GWaS for a while, stopped because I don't play it (although I'd like to) and haven't bought a new product there in a few years, and SWWaS, which I eventually sold off because I wasn't playing it.
06-27-2017, 12:03 AM,
I have two copies of Afrika Korps, Battle of the Bulge, Desert Rats, Eastern Front Deluxe, Elsenborn Ridge, Heroes of the Soviet Union, Kursk Burning Tigers, Kursk South Flank, Liberation '44, Panzer Grenadier, Roads to Berlin, and two or more copies of the older supplements.

But I don't own Airborne 1st edition.

So definitely not a nutter.
06-27-2017, 08:26 AM,
Not to turn this into a marketplace listing... but while we are on the topic of extensive collections... if anyone has a double or otherwise unwanted copy of the physical editions of Division Marocaine, Edelweiss IV, Grossdeutschland 1946, or Waltzing Matilda and would rather have a large pile of cash, make me an offer Big Grin 

Ill stop asking for your rare treasures now Undecided