Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I am officially a nutter
06-27-2017, 06:09 PM,
RE: I am officially a nutter
Coniglius, I now imagine you wargaming across a mammoth green felt table within a spacious state room paneled in dark oak.

I've got War of Resistance and made a VASSAL module for the intro HK '41 scenario way back when, but never had a chance to play it. Someday Smile
...came for the cardboard, stayed for the camaraderie...
06-28-2017, 03:57 AM,
(06-27-2017, 06:09 PM)Shad Wrote: Coniglius, I now imagine you wargaming across a mammoth green felt table within a spacious state room paneled in dark oak.

I've got War of Resistance and made a VASSAL module for the intro HK '41 scenario way back when, but never had a chance to play it. Someday Smile

When I get my hands on a copy of WoR, I will ping you and we'll play the VASSAL scenario you did!!!
06-28-2017, 09:27 AM,
I used to own everything but when Panzer Grenadier was replace with Eastern Front, I sold Panzer Grenadier, same with Airborne, I only kept the Introductory Editions, Iron Curtain I replaced with Patton's Nightmare & Hammer and Sickle. Invasion of Germany replaced a bunch of binders that I sold. Red and White replaced the old Polish binder and I only kept the most recent copy of Arctic Front. I have Kokoda Trail but not campaign. I guess I just don't want doubles of the same scenarios.
07-04-2017, 04:56 AM,
Red and white was all new, not a reworking of Polish Steel.
12-06-2022, 12:05 AM,
Reviving this long dead thread to say I'm still crazy and aside from the bonus scenario 21, I have wrapped up V2 now. Only one more version to go...

Man I wish they had more variety in the back half of the book though. Nearly every scenario was just coming down the same road and taking the same towns with roughly the same forces. Its all generic bocage-y countryside anyway, why couldn't they have us enter the other side and use more than 1/3 of the single map... big oof Huh

Airborne IE, always entering on 1101, all the time, even when its out of play  Dodgy
12-06-2022, 12:48 AM,
The game has 119 units, leaders and strongpoints, which fight over 1 map. There are 5 towns, hardly worth the name, a road with 2 branches, and a railroad. With this you've worked through 41 scenarios.

Now it a problem...? Confused
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking