Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clash of Arms/La Bataille series
05-20-2017, 08:25 AM,
Clash of Arms/La Bataille series
I'm glad the Mess Hall is here!!! I get to ask questions completely unrelated to PG.

Does anyone else collect the  La Bataille series of games in its various incarnations (Clash of Arms, Martial/Marshal Enterprises, SimTac, La Bataille.me)?

This is my favorite Napoleonic grand tactical series.  I am missing maybe 5 titles across all its different versions and producers.  One of the titles that I missed out on is La Bataille de Leipzig, that massive 'Battle of Nations'. I was deployed when it was released in both its full printed version as well as the 4 or 5 smaller download print and play versions.

Does anyone have either the printed version that they would like to sell or trade?  Failing that, does anyone have the free download versions that are no longer available?  

Truth be told, I asked the guys in California if they would make them available again since I was deployed and missed out on both, but this was after the print run had sold out and they gave me some garbage about how it wouldn't be fair to the people who paid for the print edition. I even offered to pay for the free downloads but they wouldn't budge. So, if anyone has a copy that they would want something to sell or trade, let me know please. I pride myself on completing my collections!!!

Thank you,

~Lou
05-20-2017, 10:10 AM,
RE: Clash of Arms/La Bataille series
You may want to post about the free downloads on the consimworld forums because there is a good contingent of La Bataille players over there.

I have tried several different Napoleonic series but nothing yet from La Bataille.
05-22-2017, 08:55 PM,
Lou,

I have several LB games. Every year or so I pull them out, marvel at the beauty of the games and then, again, run into the "which rules do I use issue. I did notice that Steve Carr has listed several of the ME big box games on CSW Marketplace. I think Leipzig is one of those. Steve is in Canada but I have heard that he is easy to work with.

Good luck!
No "minor" country left behind...
05-25-2017, 08:50 AM,
(05-22-2017, 08:55 PM)Matt W Wrote: Lou,

I have several LB games.  Every year or so I pull them out, marvel at the beauty of the games and then, again, run into the "which rules do I use issue.  I did notice that Steve Carr has listed several of the ME big box games on CSW Marketplace.  I think Leipzig is one of those.  Steve is in Canada but I have heard that he is easy to work with.  

Good luck!

Thanks Matt, I'll look him up.

I toyed with the 'which rules do I use' issue for a while myself, and eventually resigned myself to learning the 4th edition. The Marie Louise (simplified) version is too simple for someone who has been playing these for 20+ years.  I do marvel at the sheer beauty of the maps and counters and I have played many a fictional battle on some of those maps, mixing and matching along the way. As I said, it is my favorite Napoleonic series of all time, and I've been playing Napoleonic boardgames for 35+ years now!!!