Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Simple Panzer Grenadier system (variant)
04-25-2017, 08:19 AM,
RE: Simple Panzer Grenadier system (variant)
Jason,

I'll take a stab at why you are getting crickets.  

First, you have been unrelentingly critical of the game system.  That's fine as an intellectual pursuit but it sucks if your goal is to get people to try out your system.  Try suggesting that your reworking the system is the result of your opinion about some of the game systems and describe how what you have done "fixes" what, in your opinion, is broken.   Maybe then, others with similar thoughts might try it out.

Second, you seem to misunderstand the scale and approach of the game in the first place.  Your complaints, especially concerning weapons systems, focus on the technical and not the operational aspects of the weapons.  Training, doctrine and the experience of crew all combine with the technical aspects of a weapon to form the basis of the ratings that work within the Panzer Grenadier system.  If you want a game that replaces the actual armies with uncommonly competent men in order to see what would have happened had the weapons been used to their fullest potential I would go with your approach.  In this case, however, I enjoy working with what historically was there.

Third, what you term "simple" hardly looks simple.  What it does seem to be is bloody.  It wasn't enough to get me to grab some counters and give it a try. 

There is no one censoring your posts here.  This is an independent site.  Avalanche Press has no authority here.  There is no one trying to shut you down.  There just doesn't seem to be a lot of interest.  Maybe people are trying your system now and there will be a burst of discussion later.  Having spent a lot of time playing the system as it is, I enjoy it and know it well.  Reviewing your ruleset briefly was enough for me at this point in time.

Note that there are some game systems that have several rule sets coexisting.  The La Bataille series of tactical Napoleonic games is one.  Stuff in Flames is another.  In discussions with players of both systems I have found that sessions tend to begin with negotiation over the rule set to use for the game.  So there is nothing stopping your Simple PG from catching other's attention.  I wish you luck as you seem to have put a lot of thought and effort into it.  Unfortunately it just doesn't interest me.
No "minor" country left behind...

Messages In This Thread
RE: Simple Panzer Grenadier system (variant) - by Matt W - 04-25-2017, 08:19 AM