Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Simple Panzer Grenadier system (variant)
04-25-2017, 03:37 AM,
RE: Simple Panzer Grenadier system (variant)
(04-24-2017, 09:36 AM)Hugmenot Wrote: What does GBOH have to do with any of it?  Maybe I am just misunderstanding you, to me that means "great battles of history", a Berg series of games from GMT, that has a "Simple GBOH" alternate rule set that lets you play the same games with less command system overhead and so forth.  If that is meant as an analogy, I am not trying to sell a rules booklet, but people can play any number of Panzer Grenadier games with my variant rules, can make up their own fights in the system, etc.  

I really don't care whether that competes with or compliments Avalanche Press's publications or business model or anything related.  Near as I can tell, they rely on interested third parties doing research on new areas to produce new game modules that they then print and publish, and they could do that if the game they were publishing were Panzerblitz or Squad Leader, and if the rules were written in Klingon.  Why it would affect them I cannot see, but I honestly could not care less either way.  Let them continue the unbroken tenor of their way, or enthusiatically support third party redesigns, or anything in between.

The only thing I'd object to in the matter would be trying to literally suppress public expression of opinion about their games, or revisions, or scenarios, to rules or anything else.  That strikes me as just completely out of line; publishers have literally no special rights in such matters.  I don't think corporately they've ever done anything untoward in that respect, but I have encountered that attitude from specific employees, who seem to think they own the power to determine what is said by other people about "their" games - which are not theirs in any such sense, to begin with.  I hope that is merely a misguided attitude by those folks as individuals.  As such it is merely annoying.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Simple Panzer Grenadier system (variant) - by JasonC - 04-25-2017, 03:37 AM