Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OK, is getting a little quiet around here...
03-21-2017, 07:16 AM,
OK, is getting a little quiet around here...
Roll call:  What's your favorite scenario book (or booklet) for PG and why?
03-21-2017, 07:27 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-21-2017, 07:29 AM by larry marak.)
RE: OK, is getting a little quiet around here...
Me first. Power in the East, designed by Konstantin Lubsky and developed by John Stafford. Covers the 1938 and 1939 campaigns on the Manchukao / USSR border. The Japanese thought they won because their soldiers at Nomohan maintained unit integrity with losses as high as 92 per cent. The Soviets thought they won because Zhukov proved numbers and mechanization can drown infantry. The 1939 campaign deserves full boxed game treatment, and will probably get it one day.
03-21-2017, 08:28 AM,
Airborne remastered. Mostly infantry, reasonable sized fights, a fair mix of units. The rewrite cleaned up most of the errors. Probably make Invasion of Germany my second favorite.
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
03-21-2017, 08:36 AM,
Larry, I wish you would have titled this folder like your question: What's your favorite scenario book (or booklet) for PG and why?

But I won't answer this, as I designed two of them, so my opinion would be too biased. Smile
03-21-2017, 12:25 PM,
Fronte Russo.

No wait, Romanian Soil

Er, War on the Equator

Um, Indian Unity

I know! Iron Wolves...
No "minor" country left behind...
03-21-2017, 11:10 PM,
(03-21-2017, 08:36 AM)JayTownsend Wrote: But I won't answer this, as I designed two of them, so my opinion would be too biased. Smile
Biased? What an odd thing to say. This thread is just an opinion gab, it is all about bias. If you are concerned about inappropriate bias, exclude your designs from your consideration. I may be insightful to us.
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
03-22-2017, 12:17 AM,
1st prize goes to War on the Equator. Only 6 scenarios but they all play different.

2nd prize goes to Fronte Russo. The best setup instructions of any games or supplements. Many scenarios include large maps for the number of units involved and that's a big plus in my book.
03-23-2017, 11:35 PM,
Hmm tough question,

I do like Indian Unity, a nice change to the clash of giants which is WW2.  Conquest of Ethiopia is another favorite.

South Africa's war has some excellent desert scenarios, and I like the Kursk series too,

Oh bugger now my head hurts
03-25-2017, 06:32 PM,
Arctic Front Deluxe and a pox on anyone who says otherwise  Wink
...came for the cardboard, stayed for the camaraderie...
03-28-2017, 10:06 PM,
Oh great, now I've got a rash...
No "minor" country left behind...